We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport to Bru na Boinne (Newgrange Tomb)?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
transport to Bru na Boinne (Newgrange Tomb)?

My husband and I are in Dublin in July and would like to take a day trip to the Newgrange Tomb. The Newgrange Shuttle Bus from Dublin is "not operating" and is not likely to be operating in July, according to Evelina, who was kind enough to respond to my inquiry when I was unable to book through the Over the Top tours website. Mary Gibbon's tour (newgrangetours.com) was recommended as an alternative. This tour includes other ancient sites in the area and it's a little more time (8 hours) than we had hoped to devote. Not to be disrespectful, as important as these places are, our time is limited and it had been our plan to go to the visitors center and Newgrange tomb only. I see that Bus Eireann operates a Dublin-Drogheda-Bru na Boinne route,however we're not crazy about a long bus ride. Wondering if anyone is aware of other options, either from Dublin or the Drogheda rail station? Perhaps a private tour operator or driver?

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Newgrange
Newgrange
617 Reviews
Donore, Ireland
Drogheda
Drogheda
County Louth, Ireland
Bru
Bru
517 Reviews
Drogheda, Ireland
2 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: transport to Bru na Boinne (Newgrange Tomb)?

Another alternative for hiring a minibus from Dublin is http://minibushiredublin.com

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Ireland
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: transport to Bru na Boinne (Newgrange Tomb)?

Hiring a car and driving yourself would be the simplest way. It's an easy drive up the M1 and takes less than an hour. Otherwise maybe get the train to Drogheda and organise a taxi from the station.

Mentioned in this post
Drogheda
Drogheda
County Louth, Ireland
Reply to: transport to Bru na Boinne (Newgrange Tomb)?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Donore