We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Same day tickets to Newgrange after transatlantic flight?

Richmond, VA
1 post
1 review
Same day tickets to Newgrange after transatlantic flight?

My husband I will be landing at the Dublin airport 8:40am on September 2 and renting a car and would like to drive directly to Newgrange to visit it and Knowth. Will we be able to get in person tickets to visit when we arrive @ noon or will all the same day tickets already be gone? I know it's a popular and beautiful place to visit, and we'd love to experience it. Thanks for any advice.

5 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
11,004 posts
228 reviews
1. Re: Same day tickets to Newgrange after transatlantic flight?

I would expect that you'll get there earlier than noon - more likely 1030-1100. Give it a go it's a truly unique experience. I do remember seeing something here about them opening up an online booking facility but I don't think it's happened yet. Head straight there after you pick up you car and you can enjoy breakfast in the cafe while you wait for your tour.

Good luck!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
2. Re: Same day tickets to Newgrange after transatlantic flight?

We are doing roughly the same thing, but we are getting in at 10:50 on Sept 27.

Same question as above, will we be able to get same day tickets?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
18 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Same day tickets to Newgrange after transatlantic flight?

Yes, same question here....we'll be driving from Shannon; thought we'd visit Newgrange first day, then head on to Dublin. Concerned about jetlag ; we're arriving at 7am Shannon, from a red-eye out of Njersey.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
69 reviews
4. Re: Same day tickets to Newgrange after transatlantic flight?

Kinda same thing here.except arrive later, so spending night at Howth and then head home to Donegal the next day, and thought of finally stopping here, after all these years.This will be at end of Nov.Would like to get close to Donegal before it’s completly dark out though, so wondering if I have enough time to have a wee daunder about n see what it’s all about?

Cheers

Edited: 30 October 2018, 08:09
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
11,004 posts
228 reviews
5. Re: Same day tickets to Newgrange after transatlantic flight?

No reason why not. Be sure to prebook your ticket though so you're not hanging around unnecessarily.

Reply to: Same day tickets to Newgrange after transatlantic flight?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Donore