We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pablo Tour or Kilawasi Lodge Tour?

Houston, Texas
5 posts
1 review
Pablo Tour or Kilawasi Lodge Tour?

After extensive research, I have narrowed down to the two above-mentioned tours. While Pablo Tour is semi-private, it is two times the price of Kilawasi Lodge Tour. They also charge extra for transfer from Puno to Chivay (which is funny because the actual tour bus is $50 but Pablo Tours is charging $55...). This is like a once in a life time vacation for my parents and they would like the best experience. I've read many reviews for both. Has anyone done them recently or know which is better than the other? Is Pablo Tours worth the extra charge?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,847 posts
118 reviews
1. Re: Pablo Tour or Kilawasi Lodge Tour?

Hi, Jenowonju. You posted the same question on three or four posts. It's better not to do that as they may all get closed as duplicates.

We took the Kilawasi Tour and liked it a lot. I would do it again if we went back. I've never done Pablo Tours. I doubt you'll find people that have done both. It does not surprise me that Pablo Tours is charging you a little extra for the bus transfer. Most agencies will add a mark up. They have to make their money somehow.

Houston, Texas
5 posts
1 review
2. Re: Pablo Tour or Kilawasi Lodge Tour?

Thank you! Well the other posts, I was just answering some of their questions but I guess they can be seen as duplicates.. I hope that doesn't happen! I did not know it could be done like that.

I'm just trying to see if Pablos Tour is really worth the money. But I'm leaning towards the Kilawasi Tour. Was it a big group the entire time or was it smaller than the big tour groups but larger than a semi-private tour?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,847 posts
118 reviews
3. Re: Pablo Tour or Kilawasi Lodge Tour?

On my Kiliwasi Tour, Puno to Chivay to Arequipa, it was pretty small. The Puno to Chivay part was on the 4m express bus. It was a big bus that probably would have held 100 people, but the day we went, there were only 10 or 15 people.

When we got to Chivay, Kiliwasi sent a driver to take us to the hotel about 10 minutes away. That afternoon we went on a guided day hike with a guide from the lodge. That group was about 5 people.

The next morning there was a shared bus tour along the canyon rim, to the condors, then back to Chivay for lunch, then to Arequipa. That was a small minivan with maybe 15-20 people.

This was in May. I'm not sure if the groups would have been bigger at other times of year.

I really thought the group size was fine. The key part was seeing the condors. At the condor lookout there were numerous tour buses there so even if you were on a private tour, you were going to be watching the condors with a big group.

Houston, Texas
5 posts
1 review
4. Re: Pablo Tour or Kilawasi Lodge Tour?

That was the answer I needed! Thank you so much! I am looking very forward to the trip. It is going to be in August and I'm going to assume it's going to be a larger group but it shouldn't be too bad. The hotel looks nice too. Thank you for the answer.

5. Re: Pablo Tour or Kilawasi Lodge Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2017, 10:47