We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colca Canyon hike Itenerary

Plantation, Florida
12 posts
Colca Canyon hike Itenerary

Hi guys,

Will be visiting colca in May. Just had a questions regarding my itenerary. I would like to know if what I have plan is doable, I understand is tight

May 8- Arrive to Arequipa

May 9- take Milagros bus @3:00am from Arequipa > Chivay > Cabanaconde (hike to Llauar, possibly watch condor at Cruz Del condor?)

Ma10- hike back up to Cabanaconde then bus back to Chivay in afternoon

May 11- 4M express Chivay > Cuzco @7:00

Here is where my dilemma star.

Will I be able to go to Cruz Del Condor and right after star my hike from Cabanaconde to Llauar for a 1 night self hike (I understand is 20 min bus ride from cruz Del condor to Cabanaconde)

Will I be able to squeeze Cruz Del Condor for the birds before my hike.? And, I'm I correct to assume that the hike is a one day descend and the other day accent?

I'm planning on taking a bus back to chivay

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,254 posts
400 reviews
1. Re: Colca Canyon hike Itenerary

Llahuar is a rather short hike, only the descent. But i'm not sure how long you'll have to wait at Cruz del Condor for the next bus.

Plantation, Florida
12 posts
2. Re: Colca Canyon hike Itenerary

Thanks for your input. I read somewhere that there is a bus every 30 min?. Maybe someone else can rectify this.

How short are you talking about 3-4 hr?

Any hike you recommend instead for a 1 night 2 day

3. Re: Colca Canyon hike Itenerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2017, 10:47