We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colca Canyon hike Itenerary

Plantation, Florida
12 posts
Save Topic
Colca Canyon hike Itenerary

Hi guys,

Will be visiting colca in May. Just had a questions regarding my itenerary. I would like to know if what I have plan is doable, I understand is tight

May 8- Arrive to Arequipa

May 9- take Milagros bus @3:00am from Arequipa > Chivay > Cabanaconde (hike to Llauar, possibly watch condor at Cruz Del condor?)

Ma10- hike back up to Cabanaconde then bus back to Chivay in afternoon

May 11- 4M express Chivay > Cuzco @7:00

Here is where my dilemma star.

Will I be able to go to Cruz Del Condor and right after star my hike from Cabanaconde to Llauar for a 1 night self hike (I understand is 20 min bus ride from cruz Del condor to Cabanaconde)

Will I be able to squeeze Cruz Del Condor for the birds before my hike.? And, I'm I correct to assume that the hike is a one day descend and the other day accent?

I'm planning on taking a bus back to chivay

Mentioned in this post
Arequipa
Arequipa
Arequipa Region, Peru
Chivay
Chivay
Colca Canyon, Peru
Cabanaconde
Cabanaconde
Colca Canyon, Peru
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
7,640 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colca Canyon hike Itenerary

Llahuar is a rather short hike, only the descent. But i'm not sure how long you'll have to wait at Cruz del Condor for the next bus.

Mentioned in this post
Llahuar Lodge
Llahuar Lodge
125 Reviews
Cabanaconde, Peru
Plantation, Florida
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Colca Canyon hike Itenerary

Thanks for your input. I read somewhere that there is a bus every 30 min?. Maybe someone else can rectify this.

How short are you talking about 3-4 hr?

Any hike you recommend instead for a 1 night 2 day

3. Re: Colca Canyon hike Itenerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2017, 10:47