We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chidambaram srirangam jambukeswaram thajavur

3 posts
Chidambaram srirangam jambukeswaram thajavur
Save

Hi All,

I need your help on my tour i.e from Hyderabad to Chidamabram srirangam jambukeswaram and thanjavur. preferring State bus transport however any well known travel services are available may prefer that too. Please guide us on How to start, What not to miss, accomodation (are there any mutts). Also planning to buy Thanjavur Veena. Please suggest good place to buy veena.

Thank you

waiting for good itenary

5 replies to this topic
Galaxy
Destination Expert
for Kodaikanal
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
57 reviews
87 helpful votes
1. Re: Chidambaram srirangam jambukeswaram thajavur
Save

The route Chidambaram - Thanjavur - Tiruchi. Visit Pichavaram mangroves 16km from Chidambaram and take a boat ride, it is awesome - nature at best.

You should visit the three Chola temples at Thanjavur, Gangaikondacholapuram & Darasuram that are Great Living Chola Temples - UNESCO World Heritage Centre. Darasuram and Gangaikondacholapuram best visited from Kumbakonam en route to Thanjavur from Chidambaram.

From Trichy you can visit Srirangam and Jambukeswaram

All places are well connected by state / pvt buses. No worry! Sorry no idea on Veena.

Edited: 3 years ago
3 posts
2. Re: Chidambaram srirangam jambukeswaram thajavur
Save

Thank you Ravi,

My plan is to visit Chidambaram-> tiruchy then thanjavur. Are state transport buses are frequent between these 3 places or do we need to opt for private buses in prior. Do we need to hire a cab to visit 3 chola temples in tanjavur or can travel by bus?

I have to catch return train from chennai back and my last destination point would be tanjavur. Do I get direct bus from tanjavur to chennai?

I know too many questions :P however Thanks in advance :)

Galaxy
Destination Expert
for Kodaikanal
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
57 reviews
87 helpful votes
3. Re: Chidambaram srirangam jambukeswaram thajavur
Save

State transport buses are frequent from Chidambaram - you may have to change buses at Kumbakonam or Mayiladuthurai rather than wait for direct bus. To visit 3 chola temples you can travel by bus but it will take a whole day.

You will get direct buses from Tanjavur to Chennai - both State and private

Ksn
1 post
4. Re: Chidambaram srirangam jambukeswaram thajavur
Save

How much you take these trips

Galaxy
Destination Expert
for Kodaikanal
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
57 reviews
87 helpful votes
5. Re: Chidambaram srirangam jambukeswaram thajavur
Save

We are not travel agents here ksn. We suggest people how to do the trip. You may find travel agencies under a different heading in Tripadvisor for your commercial needs.

Reply to: Chidambaram srirangam jambukeswaram thajavur
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chidambaram
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.