We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why Primosten?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Why Primosten?

I've seen several posts here suggesting stopping in Primosten while in the Sibenik/Split area. The travel books I've looked at only briefly mention this town. I'm trying to figure out what the town's appeal is so I can decide if its worth it to me to include in my trip. So, why do people recommend Primosten!? Is it the beach? A specific site? The food? The view? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Sibenik
Sibenik
Sibenik-Knin County, Croatia
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
16 replies to this topic
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
59,314 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Why Primosten?

Agree about going to the church on the top....awesome views....first time in Primosten I didn't go up there.... Not sure why I didn't!

Mentioned in this post
Primosten
Primosten
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Why Primosten?

Just ensure you don't come to the town when they have "beach party". Only 5 peoples watching crazy loud music the whole town and businesses suffer. Not nice to spend time at a bar or restaurant if you can't hear your own voice.

Nice food, great sea. But this crazy loud music they play until midnight (yes, I said midnight) is simply insane.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Why Primosten?

When do they have the beach parties?

Sibenik, Croatia
Level Contributor
76 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Why Primosten?

Primosten is not only bridged island witha old town. He has a big sandy beach with the look on the open sea. Sometimes the less publicized places are actually much nicer and with a lot more charm than the popular one. For example, Island Murter is connected by the bridge and a lot nicer than the popular island destinations .http://www.sjor-dekoracije.com/web/smjestaj-primosten/#!prettyPhoto

http://www.transfercroatia.com/en/croatia/murter(island-of-murter)

Mentioned in this post
Primosten
Primosten
Dallas
Level Contributor
17 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Why Primosten?

We just returned from a tip that included Split, Primosten, Trogir and Sibinek. We were there Sept 3-12. We couldn't get out of Split fast enough. It was literally crawling with tourists. You could hardly see anything because of all the people. We loved Trogir, great food, nice people, touristy, but not overwhelming. Primosten was tiny. We ate there several times and loved the tiny town feel. It's laid back with restaurants on the water (which are fantastic and inexpensive). Sibinek was great too. Larger and more fancy restaurants. Personally, we loved all our meals in the small seaside restaurants more than the fancy stuff. Avoid Bibich winery. Expensive and pretentious.

Mentioned in this post
Split
Split
Primosten
Primosten
Trogir
Trogir
Bibich Winery
Bibich Winery
61 Reviews
Skradin, Croatia
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Why Primosten?

It is a beach town, small and quaint, very relaxing to just enjoy the beach, swim, evening dining by the water, you can walk the old town easily very laid back, a lot of private boats come in, however do not go there after September, the town shuts down, no tourist a number of restaurants are closing, great place to rest up for like 3 days or more good for families with kids.

Reply to: Why Primosten?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Primosten