We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driver from Kannur to Goa

Yorkshire England
Level Contributor
37 posts
50 reviews
48 helpful votes
driver from Kannur to Goa
Save

Hi all,

Looking for an average cost with a driver from Kannur to (Cola) Goa in December 2 adults. Any recommendations

4 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
1. Re: driver from Kannur to Goa
Save

>> in December <<

Chance would be a fine thing.

>> from Kannur to (Cola) Goa <<

Is there a reason you wouldn't take the train - say to Madgaon - and grab a taxi at the station? I think that is much easier and straightforward. On top of that I think the trip is just a little too long to do in one day by car - not impossible, but I would prefer not to. You could even fly.

>> average cost with a driver <<

The rate is as much determined by the size of the car as the distance travelled. Note that in one-way or 'out station' hire you need to pay for the return journey.

Let's say it's 450kms - let's say a medium-sized sedan, perhaps 13 INR per kilometre. That's 5,850 INR - call it 6,000. I don't know if there are particular tolls and taxes [because you travel through 3 States] which might need to be factored in. And then you pay the return journey - so if you have 12.000 INR in you head when you seek quotes, you shouldn't be surprised.

But I'd sooner you were in a plane or a train, rather than a car.

Given your other thread about getting from Delhi to Kannur, your flight from Delhi may actually be via Goa. I would settle on schedules and either way consider re-ordering your trip to avoid backtracking.

Yorkshire England
Level Contributor
37 posts
50 reviews
48 helpful votes
2. Re: driver from Kannur to Goa
Save

Great thanks for the advice. Do you know how long the train takes

I've looked at flights and there is only one direct flight

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
3. Re: driver from Kannur to Goa
Save

>> I've looked at flights and there is only one direct flight <<

You only need one.

>> Do you know how long the train takes <<

Trains will vary depending on the exact service you take - typically between 7.5 and 9.5 hours from Kannur to Madgaon.

You can see your options on this link:

https://erail.in/trains-between-stations/kannur-(cannanore)-CAN/madgaon-MAO

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sulthan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
95 reviews
56 helpful votes
4. Re: driver from Kannur to Goa
Save

Hi

Driving from Kannur to Goa will be hectic.

If everything goes fine by then, it would be better to take a train for this journey.

Regards

Sam

Reply to: driver from Kannur to Goa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kannur
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.