We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangalore to Kannur by Car Nov 2018

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
6 helpful votes
Bangalore to Kannur by Car Nov 2018
Save

Hello Experts,

I am planning to drive to Kannur from Bangalore this Friday and would appreciate receiving your inputs on a few questions.

Google map is showing the following as a default route:

Bangalore - > Srirangapatna -> Hunsur -> Gonikoppal -> Iritty -> Mattannur -> Kannur

1: Is this the best route to take considering I would be traveling by Hyundai i10 car?

2: Are there any recommended places to stop during the journey for small breaks? especially good food and hygiene restroom?

3: How is the ghat section and current road condition?

4: Any other recommendations to consider?

Thanks in advance.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
655 posts
52 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: Bangalore to Kannur by Car Nov 2018
Save

hi rajat,

the above route is the best route . the road condition are very good .we travelled before two weeks on the same route . some road extension work is going on near irrty and kannur route rest of the road is ok .

Thank you

Kerala dayz

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: Bangalore to Kannur by Car Nov 2018
Save

Thanks for your response!!!

3. Re: Bangalore to Kannur by Car Nov 2018
Save

Hi , did you drive to kannur? i am planning for trip this month, need to know the details.what is the condition of road in ghat sector. any blockages or its clear ,is it to narrow with hairpin bends? what is the travel time?

Bangalore District...
1 post
4. Re: Bangalore to Kannur by Car Nov 2018
Save

Hi Rajat, hope you enjoyed the trip.

How is the road condition now? Any travel tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

5. Re: Bangalore to Kannur by Car Nov 2018

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Kannur
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.