We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa to kannur road conditions

New Delhi, India
1 post
Goa to kannur road conditions
Save

Hi, I'm planning to drive from Goa to Kannur. It's a long drive of about 10hrs. Wanted to understand how are the road conditions. Any suggestions/ advice are welcome.

Thanks

Kannur, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
96 reviews
84 helpful votes
1. Re: Goa to kannur road conditions
Save

I am not sure about the road conditions in Northern Karnataka. Last time I traveled through the route was in an overnight bus a few months back and I remember the roads weren't that good. Widening work was going on at most places. However the stretch from a little north of Uduppi to Mangalore was great. Tolled 4 lane highway. From Mangalore to Kannur, around 150 kms typical Kerala highways - smooth roads but not wide enough and too much vehicles and towns every 5-10 kms.

Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Level Contributor
13 posts
46 reviews
27 helpful votes
2. Re: Goa to kannur road conditions
Save

I have traveled from Murudeshwar to Kannur, it was not a pleasant experience. Road construction is going on up to Kerala boarder and lot of truck traffic. Otherwise, it should be ok as long as you are a patient driver. If there is an option, better alternative will be train.

Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Goa to kannur road conditions
Save

Is there an update on this? Planning to drive from Mangalore to Kannur next week.

New Delhi
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
8 helpful votes
4. Re: Goa to kannur road conditions
Save

Evening Saloni

Looking at doing this drive in January. How is it now?

Thanks

Shiv

5. Re: Goa to kannur road conditions

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Kannur
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.