We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A question about visiting Swansea

Douglas, Cork
Level Contributor
54 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
A question about visiting Swansea

My sister is in Llanelli at the moment with her husband and two children aged 3 and 9 months. They are hoping to go to Swansea tomorrow. Can you recommend any place to visit? They do not have a car. Would it be easier to get around by bus or by train?

5 replies to this topic
Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A question about visiting Swansea

There are buses and trains to Swansea from Llanelli, suggest the bus as the bus station is in the centre(the train station is at the top end of Swansea city), they can then walk a few minutes over to the leisure centre(not sure of the opening hours?), also stroll around the marina and walk along the beach. From the bus station, there are buses to the mumbles and the gower.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A question about visiting Swansea

Sorry, forgot to say the X11 route, I would think is the best bus

firstgroup.com/ukbus/…

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
43,474 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A question about visiting Swansea

There are a multitude of things to do in Swansea. When the weather is bad, as it normally is, there is the National Waterfront Museum, the Swansea Museum (founded in the 1800's), Plantasia, plus family attractiosn such as bowling, or the cinema.

In nice weather, walking along the foreshore, visiting the marina or exploring the new waterfront development at SA1 is a good way to find out about Swansea's rich maritime heritage.

Llanelli, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: A question about visiting Swansea

Hi there,

My partner & I' are planning to walk from Llanelli to Swansea! Which route(s) would you recommend and why?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
43,474 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A question about visiting Swansea

Hi James L

I would recommend using the coastal path to Bynea where you will have to walk across the Loughor Bridge. Then take what is known as the 'Marsh Road' across to Gowerton, before following the old railway line down the Clyne Valley to Blackpill. From there it's another half hour or so along the sea front at Swansea to the city centre, or you can catch a bus if you are tired of walkin g by that point!

Stop for a break at the Railway Inn in Killay, where you can sample one of the local real ales from the Swansea Brewery. This used to be the railway station before the line was closed in 1964. It is now a footpath and cycleway, and very nice to walk down.

Just one small point; you should start a new thread to ask your question, as it is good forum netiquette not to piggyback on to someone else's thread, particularly one which has seen no activity since last June. By rights, this thread should have been closed after six months inactivity, but some of them seem to slip through!

Regards

Roj

Reply to: A question about visiting Swansea
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Llanelli
Recent Conversations