We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit in winter with a wheelchair

Northumberland, UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Places to visit in winter with a wheelchair

I shall be visiting my mother in Llanelli in February. She uses a wheelchair or, sometimes, a mobility scooter. Where can I take her for days out or short visits? She weighs about twice what I do so pushing the wheelchair uphill is not an option.

4 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
421 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to visit in winter with a wheelchair

You could go to Mumbles, park by the yacht club if the weather's nice and stroll along the sea front towards the pier. Pop into Verdi's for a hot chocolate or ice cream and enjoy the view! It's all flat and wheelchair accessible.

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
518 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to visit in winter with a wheelchair

Mumbles is an excellent idea, also there is the Millenium Park in Llanelli which has cycle tracks running for miles along the flat.

www.millenniumcoastalpark.com

Northumberland, UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to visit in winter with a wheelchair

Both very good ideas. Thank you. Is there anywhere indoors or less exposed than the coast, in case we have a winter like the last one?

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
518 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to visit in winter with a wheelchair

Hum, struggling here a bit. National Botanic Garden of Wales? I haven't been there myself but I know some of it is undercover. Maybe someone else can help with more information on that one.

How about Cardiff Bay? If the weather's not too bad it is wheelchair friendly, plenty of places to eat, the Millienium centre

Reply to: Places to visit in winter with a wheelchair
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Llanelli
Recent Conversations