We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cockroaches in luz?

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
124 posts
26 reviews
Cockroaches in luz?

hi

my friend has just come back from renting a villa in luz , but was in the old town, and it was covered in cock roaches , and she didnt get moved , but not sure if there is an outbreak in Luz or was it just in that villa, she didnt think there was an outbreak? I am due to go in September but could not bare it if any one just back or knows anything please post, as very worried

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,379 posts
51 reviews
1. Re: Cockroaches in luz?

I am certain that in most destinations along the Algarve, Spanish Costas, Croatia, Greece, from time to time, cockroaches will appear.

Lagos Council are pretty much up on keeping sanitary systems clean & functioning.

However, if private owners don't maintain their systems & keep them clean 'roaches can appear! They like comfort as well.

Friends of ours rented a very nice apartment in Lagos marina a couple of years ago. I got a panic call 'cos one 'roach decided to appear & HE couldn't deal with it.

In warmer climes, despite best efforts, 'roaches will appear from time to time.

I haven't heard of any roach infestations in Luz this year, apart from the tourist hordes.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
124 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Cockroaches in luz?

Thanks for reply, however, she has pictures , the exterminators did come but there was about 20 in her living room and then after they went they were dead in the pool Yuck sorry, but she said they were very big, bigger than normal, I travel every year around Spain and Portugal, but never seen anything like this

3. Re: Cockroaches in luz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2018, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Luz
Recent Conversations