We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September help please

Level Contributor
291 posts
5 reviews
September help please

Hi

My wife and I are visiting this September for the first time, staying in the Anthena Apartments in Skiathos Town which look fab and have great reviews. We are very much looking forward to it, as we have heard great things about Skiathos

My question is for 9 days and nights, can anyone help me out with how much money would be sufficient, based on eating out every evening (a nice meal) and drink of course!

Maybe a rough guide on a budget/amount per day ?

We will be happy to have breakfast at the hotel and maybe a small lunch or sandwiches during the day from a local shop/supermarket to take with us on our travels

Any help would be very much appreciated

8 replies to this topic
Durham
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
93 reviews
1. Re: September help please

I wouldn't try to guesstimate how much you'd spend, as everyone is different. I will say that the Anthena is very, very nice.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: September help please

Hi we are budgeting around €130 euros a day for the two of us, that includes a light lunch €20 , evening meal around €40 , plus drinks mainly beer , cocktails are expensive in Skiathos - some around €12! . We like the beach €8 for 2 beds - umbrella. Then there's bus fares I think was €1.70 per person . That's the basic , then you have things like having to pay for aircon / a safe . Check with your hotel for prices , are you planning on any trips? Hope this gives you a good idea . I also take a credit card for meals or extras , the exchange rate is normally better - have a look on martins money tips website for credit card advice abroad . Have a great holiday Skiathos is amazing , we also are going in September 😀

Level Contributor
291 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: September help please

Gary - thanks for the heads up about Anthena, a good choice by the looks of it

Charlie- great info, thank you. We too like the beach and exactly the sort of info I was looking for. We only drink lager, not cocktail fans at all, so €130 sounds about right

I fancy a boat trip, but my wife is not too good on water so regarding trips, we will wait and see what there is. I will have my card for top up or emergency

May see you there 😀

Thanks again for the info

Edited: 07 August 2018, 23:30
Durham
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
93 reviews
4. Re: September help please

Two sunbeds and a brolly are now ten euros. Air Xon and safe are included in Anthena price. A good choice for cheap cocktails is Venue at the top of the rock n roll steps.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: September help please

Set your budget at 100 Euros per day , tickle it to suit , enjoy x

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
6 posts
67 reviews
6. Re: September help please

Hi,

We visited in July this year. An average for a sandwich or salad is between €6-8, add drinks and you are looking at between €20-25 for lunch. In the evening you can buy a Gyros (kebab) for about €7 at a fast food cafe but if you want a proper,sit down, nice Greek meal experience you are looking at €10-25 per main meal plus sides (a lot of places don’t include sides with most main meals) Most places we went to beer was €3-5, wine €7 for 50cl. The bus is €2 each way pp. we found ice creams and coffee about UK city prices. Unfortunately the days of cheap Greek meals and drinks is long gone!

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: September help please

We budget €100 a day. We go self catering and have breakfast in our room. My husband likes a beer or few during the day and a couple of bottles of wine with our evening meal. We usually go to a taverna for a snack for lunch.

So far we have always gone home with a few notes left over for the next holiday but we take the bit of plastic just in case.

Level Contributor
291 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: September help please

Thanks for all the replies so far, much appreciated

Reply to: September help please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town
Recent Conversations