We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel Skiathos Town

Stoke-on-Trent...
7 posts
Which Hotel Skiathos Town

We are thinking of staying in either the Bourtzi Boutique or Aegean Suites in late June , early July but have a few concerns.

1/ The Bourtzi Boutique seems like it has limited sunbathing and sunloungers , so we would probably go to the town beach- does this beach get too packed and would we struggle to find sun loungers?

2/ Is the Aegean suites too far to walk into town each evening and would need to get taxis or is the walk managable?

Prefer to stay at Bourtzi because of location to be honest but we like to sunbathe and relax during the day and don't want the stress of rushing around in the morning to get to the beach really early.

Thanks any help would be great

11 replies to this topic
Skiathos, Greece
Level Contributor
819 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Which Hotel Skiathos Town

Agean Suite's is a much more upmarket hotel that Bourtzi boutique, both hotels you would walk to town beach agean s just across the road, its a narrow beach, not the best in my opinion,15 minute walk would get you into town from agean s its at bus stop 5 or taxi as you say if you don't want the walk.Bourtzi Boutique is situated in the centre of town so very convenient.

Wells, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Which Hotel Skiathos Town

When we were staying at the Bourtz we did not sit around the pool at all, because as you have said there are not many sun loungers and some parts around the pool do not get any sun until later in the day. After breakfast we walked down to the harbour and got a water taxi to one of the many beaches and we did not have any problems getting a sun lounger .

We did walk to the town beach once but found it too busy, that was early September. 2016.

It’s a lovely hotel very convenient for the town and restaurants but I think the pool lets it down a little, saying that, we have booked another holiday at the Bourtz next June.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Which Hotel Skiathos Town

We went and had a look round the Aegean Suites while on one of our visits to Skiathos and yes it looked lovely. The only thing that I would have my reservations about would be that the swimming pool is very close to the main road that can be quite noisy. We have stayed at the Bourtzi Hotel and yes the pool is partly shaded and small but very relaxing, no noise and while we were there we were offered free water from time to time by the waiter who came round the pool. Also you are right in the town for convenience. The Aegean Suites does look lovely though and very upmarket What a decision.

Stoke-on-Trent...
7 posts
4. Re: Which Hotel Skiathos Town

Thanks for your reply's. Sounds like we need to go further afield to a beach if stay in town.

Edited: 01 August 2018, 23:18
Durham
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
93 reviews
5. Re: Which Hotel Skiathos Town

What about these ? Closer to town than the Aegean Suites. Opened this year. If you chose them I could give advice re sunbeds on beach.

http://www.kbammosskiathos.com/

Mani low is right, for anyone staying in town there are several great beaches just a shortwater taxi away.

Edited: 02 August 2018, 00:04
Stoke-on-Trent...
7 posts
6. Re: Which Hotel Skiathos Town

Thanks. Just viewed , they look fab. Will look at price and availabilty then decide out of the 3. It says 10 mins to town. Thats sounds ideal.

Durham
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
93 reviews
7. Re: Which Hotel Skiathos Town

sooty, check out your private messages.

Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Which Hotel Skiathos Town

I have just checked them out too, they look amazing. Unfortunately it would be an unexpected windfall before I could afford them but I can dream.

Skipton, United...
3 posts
9. Re: Which Hotel Skiathos Town

Take a look at Skiathos Luxury living. This is a new hotel and is set on the front in town just past the bus terminal. They have a lovely pool area and upmarket sunbeds. Continental breakfast is delivered to your room in a morning or a cooked breakfast at an additional charge. There is no bar or restaurant but you are an easy stroll along the front into town. Just for your information there are quite a few steps up to the hotel so please bear this is mind but you have amazing views over the harbour. You are just 150 meters from the bus terminal so very easy to catch a bus to the beaches along the main road.

Stoke-on-Trent...
7 posts
10. Re: Which Hotel Skiathos Town

Thanks look very nice. Got some good option now.

Reply to: Which Hotel Skiathos Town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town
Recent Conversations