We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night provisions in Los Alcazares

Los Alcazares, Spain
Level Contributor
894 posts
88 reviews
Late night provisions in Los Alcazares

A fairly regular question on this forum concerns supermarket opening times etc, as some of the flights into San Javier don't arrive until late. The general consensus is that there is not much open after 9.15pm in winter, and 10pm or perhaps a bit later in summer. Approximately a quarter of a mile past the 525 hotel, still on the main road in the direction of the old town, is a petrol station called Lo Sola (bright yellow livery, can't be missed). This advertises its opening hours as 6am until midnight, and it does carry a fairly wide range of food and drink provisions, certainly sufficient for sustenance until the following day if arriving after the supermarkets close.

Edited: 28 November 2014, 01:33
Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
1. Re: Late night provisions in Los Alcazares

I'm trying to find out how to get this on the right hand side of this forum under a top ten questions type thing with no luck ?

I've seen it on other forums.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Late night provisions in Los Alcazares

Hi Alfanumeric,

Would a pinned topic (sticky) at the top of the forum work?

If so, then you need to PM a DE (destination expert) who'll be able to sort it out for you.

The llamacalmer springs to mind. I've not seen the llamacalmer on here recently but know that they're around on other TA forums.

Hopefully the llamacalmer can help or point you in the direction of someone who can.

Cheers!

DD

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
3. Re: Late night provisions in Los Alcazares

Good call DD.

I'll PM him, like your good self, EPC does some sterling work on here.

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
466 reviews
4. Re: Late night provisions in Los Alcazares

If anyone wants to pm me supermarkets/opening times in the LA area I can do a list. I know Dos Mares and now Lo Sola but not up to date on other supermarket opening times.

Los Alcazares, Spain
Level Contributor
894 posts
88 reviews
5. Re: Late night provisions in Los Alcazares

You do your bit as well, AN.

Llamacalmer - I will look at this in the next few days. One of the problems is the seasonal times, which may not even be the same from one year to the next. Dos Mares and now Lo Sola do look to be fairly consistent though.

Los Alcazares, Spain
Level Contributor
894 posts
88 reviews
6. Re: Late night provisions in Los Alcazares

llamacalmer - I will leave this information on here initially then you can do with it what you will (in the nicest possible way of course). Current advertised hours are:-

Mercadona 09.00 to 21.30 Mon - Sat. Closed Sunday

El Arbol 09.00 to 21.00 Mon - Sat. 09.00 - 14.00 Sunday

Consum 09.00 to 21.30 Mon - Sat. Closed Sunday

Lidl 09.00 to 21.30. Sunday 09.00 - 15.00

Carrefour Express 09.30 - 21.30 Mon - Sat. Sunday 09.30 - 14.30

Lo Sola 06.00 - 24.00.

The latter should be regarded as an emergency supplies outlet only, although perfectly adequate in that context. I was in today and noted fresh bread, pastries, pizzas, milk, jars and cans of stuff, wine, beer etc.

There is another supermarket on the way out of town towards Torre Pacheco. I think it is called Supervalu or similar. I don't get down that way a lot so don't know the times but imagine it will be much of a muchness with the others. This one will be handy for people staying at Serena Golf.

I don't know the current times for Eroski at Dos Mares but will take note next time I am there. You may already know these of course. This is definitely the best bet for people arriving later on Sunday who can get there before 9.15pm, as you have recommended to people many times yoursel

Most of the supermarkets close at 10pm in the summer, and I think Consum opens Sunday then. Mercadona never opens Sunday, as a matter of company policy.

7. Re: Late night provisions in Los Alcazares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Los Alcazares
Recent Conversations