We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices

Burnley
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Prices

Hi, haven’t been to Greece for a few years and just wondered what the prices are like these days , beer ,wine , coffee, brandy , evening meals for two . You can see where our priorities lie.

11 replies to this topic
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,205 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: Prices

Hi Billy,

I will deal with evening meal for two as that goes for my wife and I. Not in Katelios but prices do not vary much across the island.

While we peruse the menu we have a beer or cola. We then order, often from the specials board, a starter and main course each along with a half litre of house wine. We never order a dessert but are often given one free of charge. The bill usually comes to 35 - 40 € between us plus tip. Steak and fresh fish are often dearer.

Have a great time.

Bob

Burnley
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
2. Re: Prices

Thanks for the quick reply , I can almost taste the Greek salad .

Level Contributor
5,253 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Prices

Hi Billy, 🍺 €3-4, 🍷 €4-6(€5-10 carafe), ☕️ €3, 🥃 €4-10(3* to 12*) cognac €8, priorities!!!!!

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Prices

I can’t recall exact prices, but when we were there last August, we ate at the beachfront tavernas every night and found it very reasonable indeed. In fact, we came home with exactly half of our spending money unused and we by no means stinted ourselves! We put that unspent cash towards booking to go again this year! There was a cocktail bar just as you arrived at the bottom of the road that led to the beach, Alex's or Alexis I think it was called that was a tad expensive, but it was a real treat. All of the cocktails were prepared from scratch, large measures and the place itself was quite chic. But otherwise, you won’t break the bank, unless the financial position has changed dramatically this year! The food we had everywhere was wonderful, and we are foodies by nature. You’ll love it!

Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Prices

Hi Billi.Last years Katelios prices were typically-Starters€2_€4,mousaka,kleftiko,stifado etc €7_€8 .1litre wine-€7 .Draught beer 1/2 litre €3_€3.50.Cocktails €7_€10 .So not that expensive,lm a bit greedy but our bill for 2 was somewhere between €25 to €40 If you go to grill bar you’ll get fantastic Greek cuisine for as little as €20-€30 for 2 ,one of our favs .Yammas.

Wales
Level Contributor
351 posts
83 reviews
6. Re: Prices

We ate in Katelios three times last summer and were stunned by the superb food at very reasonable prices. Typically less than 30€ for a two course meal for 2 with a litre of wine. Can't wait to go back in 2 weeks time. Can recommend Captain Jerry's and Tsobos Taverna.

derbyshire, England
Level Contributor
254 posts
89 reviews
7. Re: Prices

How many tavernas are there in Katelios please

Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Prices

Hi.On or around seafront approximately 10 restaurants,5 bars,slightly up the road another couple of restaurants,l may have missed 1 or 2.

derbyshire, England
Level Contributor
254 posts
89 reviews
9. Re: Prices

Thanks , going a week tomorrow first time

Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Prices

We’re going tomorrow 9th time ,absolutely adore the place.Have a great one.

Reply to: Prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Katelios
Recent Conversations