We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastest way from Coron to Boracay?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fastest way from Coron to Boracay?

Does anyone know of the fastest and easiest way from Coron to Boracay? By air? Ferry? Am a bit apprehensive of the ferries, are they really as dangerous and unsafe as everybody says?

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastest way from Coron to Boracay?

Fastest way would still be by air and you would have to connect in Manila. You can do Busuanga-Manila-Caticlan on Cebu Pacific or Airphil Express.

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastest way from Coron to Boracay?

Where did you hear/read that ferries are "dangerous & unsafe as everbody says"?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastest way from Coron to Boracay?

I'll probably go by air then, thanks!

Concerning the ferries. Some friends told me to avoid them completely, also Ive read it in several blogs and newspapers like this:

guardian.co.uk/world/…philippines-ferry-sinks

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fastest way from Coron to Boracay?

Well, I do admit that the martime safety of PHP is not something that the PHP government would be proud of.

However, if you are travelling during the non-typhoon season, it should be quite ok unless the captain of the ship overload the ship or the boat lack of maintenance.

However, as Bryan as has mentioned, flying is still the fastest way.

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fastest way from Coron to Boracay?

i see what you mean

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fastest way from Coron to Boracay?

Was in the same predicament myself, trying to get from Boracay to Palawan. Found the cheapest option was to fly from Kalibo airport to Manila (much cheaper than Caticlan) then from manila to Busuanga (Coron). I booked with PAL express.

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fastest way from Coron to Boracay?

The fastest and most stress free way to reach Boracay from Coron is via a flight from Busuanga (Coron) to Manila and followed by another flight to Caticlan (Boracay) Flight time is about 1 hour from Busuanga to Manila and another 45 mins to Caticlan from Manila.

Edited: 26 December 2011, 08:05
8. Re: Fastest way from Coron to Boracay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2012, 15:46