We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some HELP! Thinking of booking Domina

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Need some HELP! Thinking of booking Domina

Hi, It's my first time in Sicily we are planning to book the Domina Home Zagarella, I know it is a little outside Palermo and what seems to be in a secluded place. My main concern is Transport and whether it is Excessable from where we are staying and if there are excursions that we can go to or activities we can do to occupy or 8 days there. Not sure if it is expensive to hire a car or even get Taxis.

Please help as I am looking to book within next 2 days.

Thanks you in advance

1 reply
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,495 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some HELP! Thinking of booking Domina

Ciao Kiran44!

Domina Home Zagarella isn’t a typical first-visit to Sicily base and not the most convenient option.

Taxis are very expensive in Sicily - It’s more cost effective to prearrange a transfer. Expect to pay €60 for the transfer from Palermo’s airport to Domina Home Zagarella - A transfer from Palermo Centrale would cost €45.

Flavia-Solunto-Porticello is the nearest train station, only 1km (not a pedestrian-friendly walk) and a 2-minute drive, but since a driver would come from Palermo for the transfer, expect to pay €15 way.

You really would appreciate hiring a car if you plan to stay at Domina Home Zagarella - Although you wouldn’t want to drive in Palermo, it would be fine to hire a car with a base in Santa Flavia.

Looking for a place to stay:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k4663…

Sicily Easter 2011:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g2440596-i24973-k5…

Vagabonda

Reply to: Need some HELP! Thinking of booking Domina
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Flavia