We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star Beach

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Star Beach

Hi,does anyone know if you can take your own food and drink into Star Beach?

Mentioned in this post
Star Beach
Star Beach
1,660 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,030 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Star Beach

From memory, (3 years ago!) I think it isn't encouraged, but as it's free entry to the complex I don't think it's a problem. Also there is a supermarket on site. I can't see a problem with taking food in anyway to be honest - as long as you're not setting up your own barbeque of course!!

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
632 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Star Beach

It's not allowed and they check your beach bags as you go in.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
858 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Star Beach

I have never had my bags checked, I always take in bottled water...... I'm a mom with a teenager if that the reason why I'm not searched.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,030 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Star Beach

Maybe things have changed, that's quite possible of course, but there are so many entry points, including the subway, and we never experienced or saw any checks at all on 3 or 4 visits. But then again, maybe we didn't notice because we are fairly geriatric...

Level Contributor
260 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Star Beach

Last year we walked down to star beach ,walking pasted the lg supermarket and walking along to the right going down to the beach by the children's water park area ,am I right in thinking if we had gone left there would be bigger slides/ rides and it was livelier for older teenagers ?

wigan
Level Contributor
213 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Star Beach

As you enter starbeach & go left there are about 6 slides which you went down in a rubber ring you paid €8 at the kiosk under the starbeach sign they were quite large & fast

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Star Beach

Thanks all. It's 3 years since we last went and can't remember!

Campbeltown, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Star Beach

I have been 7 times there was no problem taking your own food and drink its the best thing to do it is a bit pricey in there but good times

Campbeltown, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Star Beach

can any body tell me have they been mid October and can you still get a tan and is there any holiday makers still there

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
12,022 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Star Beach

Hi Tony

The season officially finishes at the end of October, but mid October it's going to be very quiet in the resorts, and some places will be starting to close up for the winter..... I can't comment on star beach, hopefully other will be able to - so to answer your question, yes you will get a tan in mid October but you could have some rain and cloud this late in the season, although for the last two years the weather has been great as we always travel at this time and later too....the sea will still be lovely and warm....I would suggest that if you do want to stay in Crete this late in the season you consider staying in or very near to one of the towns which remain open all year round, these on the north coast are from west to east, Chania, Rethymnon, Agios Nikolaos, Sitia and obviously Heraklion too....of course there are a few tavernas open in the villages, but to get a greater choice then I would consider the towns, or close by :-)

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Chania Town
Chania Town
Crete, Greece
Rethymnon
Rethymnon
Crete, Greece
Agios Nikolaos
Agios Nikolaos