We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM Machine

liverpool
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ATM Machine

Is the Atm in the village working normally? Dont want to bring loads of euroa prefer to load some on the card aswell.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
467 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM Machine

There are two in the village now, plus one in Old Hersonissos and about a billion in Hersonissos. Not there now but I'd be surprised if everything isn't running normally.

Mentioned in this post
Hersonissos
Hersonissos
Crete, Greece
2. Re: ATM Machine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 December 2017, 18:07
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
467 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM Machine

It's 'about' a billion. Maybe a few less.

Leigh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM Machine

Don't use the ones in the village unless you are desperate. The exchange rate is very poor. I was there last week and the one at the bakery was offering a conversion rate of 1.27 to the pound. I walked down the hill and used one of the bank ATMs. The exchange rate at these is determined by the bank and I got a rate of 1.42.

swindon,england
Level Contributor
4,047 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM Machine

Wow! that's some difference,great bit of information m00nigan.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
467 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATM Machine

You have confused me with the exchange rate. Your card issuer sets the exchange rate, not the cash machine. Unless you have asked them to convert for you which you should never, ever do.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
467 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATM Machine

Read this:-

https:/…

If you choose to be charged in euros you will get the same rate in every single cash machine. So while your advice is relevant for people selecting sterling you should never, ever do this under any circumstances.

liverpool
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: ATM Machine

I have a caxton card that has been loaded with euros, so hopefully that shouldnt apply to me when withdrawing.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
467 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ATM Machine

It will still ask you if you want to pay in sterling. Just say no. It's called DCC, it's basically a license for the ATM to convert your transaction at whatever rate they fancy.

Edited: 06 August 2015, 21:27
Gomersal, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ATM Machine

We have a Caxton FX card pre-loaded with Euros exchange rate is irrelevant as the sterling is converted by Caxton with the rate on the day you top up. its just like drawing out from a bank account no sterling is involved used it in Portugal and Greece always the same.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Get answers to your questions about Koutouloufari
Recent Conversations