We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating out!!

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
53 reviews
95 helpful votes
eating out!!

Can any of you guys give me some rough ideas of the prices for eating out in Koutouloufari..meals for 2, with a starter and a couple of soft drinks?

Went to Pefkos in Rhodes last September and found that quiet reasonable, any comparisons?

Thanks

Jay

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
808 helpful votes
1. Re: eating out!!

Hi Jay

Never stayed in Koutouloufari but have eaten out in the village and at nearby Old Hersonissos where there are some lovely places in the village square. The prices won't be any dearer than Pefkos for sure where we stayed in September and never paid more than €36 for a slap up meal which included a litre of house wine, coffees, starters and mains.

We ate in Koutouloufari when in Crete in 2011, I can't recall the name of the place but I know it cost us about €30 for all the trimmings.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
53 reviews
95 helpful votes
2. Re: eating out!!

Thanks GB

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
808 helpful votes
3. Re: eating out!!

You're welcome, by the way, I should have said that we were in Crete in 2010, not 2011. We saw several places in Pefkos this year offering "three courses for €7,90", which is fine of course if you're on a budget but the food certainly looked a bit iffy. Not sure whether there are any places offering that in the villages, somehow I doubt it.

Edited: 06 November 2011, 22:19
Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
53 reviews
95 helpful votes
4. Re: eating out!!

We found the prices in Pefkos fine and the food good as well, was averaging around 25-30euro for a main a starter and a soft drink for the both of us, plus cheaper if you went to the set meal places as you point out...but if Koutouloufari is similar then thats fine we can budget towards that, and if there is a Lidl nearby then that is a added bonus as there was not much in the way of bigger supermarkets in Pefkos

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
808 helpful votes
5. Re: eating out!!

Jay, if you have a car when you next visit Pefkos, there's a Carrefour just down the road at Kiotari, we did most of our shopping there whilst we had the car. There's also a large supermarket in Kalathos in the other direction.

If you come out of Koutouloufari eastwards, follow the lane down the hill, it meets up with the Stalis road and there are loads of supermarkets along there all the way to Malia

6. Re: eating out!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Koutouloufari