We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked Astra vilages

cheshire
Level Contributor
698 posts
18 reviews
28 helpful votes
Booked Astra vilages

Hi these apartments seem located in a good spot. Apart from beach and surrounding village are there any trips or places to book them nearby if so what’s on offer.would really appreciate recommendations for reasonable places to eat

3 replies to this topic
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,624 posts
89 reviews
98 helpful votes
1. Re: Booked Astra vilages

There are several places to book trips in Koutouloufari, and at least one of them is very close to Astra Village. Turn left out of the hotel and it's on the right within 100m - Eye Travel.

Carry on another 40m or so then fork left down the small road. On the left after a couple of minutes is Laini, a mezes restaurant, highly recommended - the chef there got to the semi-finals of Greek Masterchef!

Going the other way, Asterias village on the right is about a 5 minute walk. The Oliva restaurant there has a very good value 4/5 course meal. A couple of minutes further on is another mezes restaurant on the right, David Vegera.

There are loads of restaurants and I think it's fair to say that most are high quality. Generally speaking, I think as you get into Piskopiano (where Vegera is) they seem a bit lower priced.

cheshire
Level Contributor
698 posts
18 reviews
28 helpful votes
2. Re: Booked Astra vilages

Thank you 🙏

wigan
Level Contributor
261 posts
21 reviews
16 helpful votes
3. Re: Booked Astra vilages

As Steve says Laini is a must for traditional cretan fayre don't judge it by its appearance though it gets full of locals every evening which I always see as a good sign as for other eateries you'll find it hard to have a bad meal everyone has their favourites so read the posts make a list & enjoy ticking them off each night

Reply to: Booked Astra vilages
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Koutouloufari