We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kumarakom Lake Resort- Price of Extras

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Kumarakom Lake Resort- Price of Extras

Does anyone have any idea of current prices for;

lunch

dinner

beer

wine

banana boat

any other extras you can think of

I hear food is very expensive, we are a family of four staying for two nights. Is it worth taking a taxi to another hotel for lunch one day?

Finally do you have to pay extra for their boat from Muhamma jetty to the hotel?

Many thanks in anticipation

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kumarakom Lake Resort- Price of Extras

The lunch cost is INR 1250 + tax per person and dinner cost is INR 1450 + tax per person.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kumarakom Lake Resort- Price of Extras

Gosh that's a little more than I expected but never mind. Are there any other places to eat nearby or are we limited to the hotel?

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kumarakom Lake Resort- Price of Extras

yes, there are a few small hotels/resorts nearby with excellent food. They serve north indian food only. They are cheap also, with Rs. 700 - 1000 for 4 adults. I was there last week. I will also try to name them in a later post. I am not sure abt ur other queries, as i didnt use them. The property is excellent, i loved it. If you plan to stay in meandering pool villa, go for the duplex villa.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kumarakom Lake Resort- Price of Extras

Fanstastic, that is what we have booked. Can you please tell me what they are like inside. How much space is there? I can only find outside photos, none inside.

Thanks very much for the reassurance regarding nearby restuarants. We would be more than happy to walk outside the resort for local meals especially at lunchtime.

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Kumarakom Lake Resort- Price of Extras

Hi again,

I did not stay in a duplex but I really liked the rooms. They are adequately spacious and really cosy. They are built in truly Kerala Heritage style and are very nice. You wont be dissapointed. The best part is the bathroom, they are open air and excellent.

Well, for nearby restaurants i tried two and the food was good in both the restaurants.

http://ashirwadheritageresorts.com/ is within walking distance, maybe like 200-300 mts

and

for http://www.lakshmiresorts.com/kumarakom.html you may need a car if you are having children or old parents. I don't think any kind of public transport is available outside the resort. The distance from the resort's main gate to the main road is itself around 100-150 mts.

and also the lunch is at INR 1200 and dinner at 1500 per person inclusive of all taxes.

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kumarakom Lake Resort- Price of Extras

"and also the lunch is at INR 1200 and dinner at 1500 per person inclusive of all taxes." in the Kumarakom Lake Resort.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kumarakom Lake Resort- Price of Extras

Thank you that is very useful information and I love the weblinks. We shall certainly check out the other hotels at lunchtime and save our pennies for dinner at KLR.

Noida
Level Contributor
105 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kumarakom Lake Resort- Price of Extras

I saw your comments. I am looking desperately for N Indian food, and a homestay at Kumarakon. Can you suggest any. Medium price range

Thanks

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kumarakom Lake Resort- Price of Extras

keralatourism.org/homestay/… might suit you

10. Re: Kumarakom Lake Resort- Price of Extras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 11:47