We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kumarakom or Allepey

Goa
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Kumarakom or Allepey

Hi,

I will be in Kerala in mid september at Amritapuri. Post religious visit, i have 2 full days to spend in kerala.

I wanna be in House boat for one night and one night stay in lake side property heritage type.

Pls advise whether i should stay in kumarakom or allepey?

Regards

Hemanth

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kumarakom or Allepey

Hi Hema,

You can opt for a houseboat at Alleppey and can use the same house boat to drop at Kumarakom and can take a lake side property at kumarakom (like Kumarakom lake resort or any other property.

Feel free to touch base if any help needed

ResortRoute Team

Goa
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kumarakom or Allepey

Hi,

i had that in mind, as i am exiting kerala by train from ernakulam railway station.

so i plan my itinary in the foll manner:

1) Friday 21st September i take house boat from Allepey, stay over nite and get dropped at Kumarakom 22nd sept,Saturday.

Pls suggest good house boat . we are one couple. budget 6000 -7000 rs for houseboat.

2) On 22nd september , we would like to stay at an heritage type resort or home stay, but has to be lakeside...budget ideally around 3 k.if not , then we cud think of increasing budget. pls advise as kumarakom lake resort is very expensive.

check out will be on sunday 23rd sept, also how much time do we travel by road to reach ernakulam railway statiion?

regards

hemanth gogia

3. Re: Kumarakom or Allepey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 August 2012, 22:36
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
937 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kumarakom or Allepey

Dear Gogia- The itinerary sounds ideal . You can get a good houseboat for the budget you have mentioned and the houseboat will drop you at any resort that you want in Kumarakom.

If you are looking for a heritage type of resort but does not want to try out KLR then you can consider backwater ripples and paradise resort as well.

It will take around 2 hours to go to Ernakulam railway station from Kumarakom

This is an oft repeated topic in Kerala forums. You can check out the same discussion at tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g678552-i12579-k475…

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kumarakom or Allepey

Hi Hemanth

Your houseboat plan is good.Check in Alappuzha and check out Kumarakom.

But with a budget of 3000, it will be difficult for a heritage stay by lakeside.

If you are looking for homestay you may check coconut creek, Kodianthara Heritage homestay, and Tharavadu Heritage Home. But these are not by lake side.

If you are looking for stay within that budget by lakeside then you may check small properties like Saro Lake County, Illickalam Lake resort and' Cruise N lake Homestay,

Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kumarakom or Allepey

Hi,

My Suggestion is Do alleppey to Alleppey Houseboat Trip for 1 night . Second night stay in Lake Side Resort in Kumarakom.

TripAdvisor is the powerful tool to find best houseboat

Thanks,

Binu Joseph, Kerala Canoe Tourism , Alappuzha

Goa
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kumarakom or Allepey

thanks everyone for the travel tips..so helpful

kerala
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kumarakom or Allepey

Hi Hemanth,

The vembanadu lake is the biggest lake in kerala..One side of the lake is alleppey and opposite side is kumarakom..You can choose kumarakom check in and alleppey check out or alleppey check in and kumarakom check out houseboats.In alleppey you can go for rainbow cruise and in kumarakom you can go for shivaganga houseboats..if you are looking for land room stay then kumarakom is better than alleppey only bz of lake views..in kumarakom best heritage resort is coconut lagoon kumarakom.Also you can have look for coconut creek homestay kumarakom for budget heritage.

regards

Mumbai, India
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Kumarakom or Allepey

Alleppey Houseboat Trip for 1 night . Second night stay in Lake Side Resort in Kumarakom

Goa
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kumarakom or Allepey

thanks everyone for the info.

i have now booked one night cruise @ rainbow cruise,, the premium rooms looked better, so have confirmed it.

and one night at zuri kumarakom.

How do i travel from allepey to kumarakom? are there boats travelling only from alleppey to kumarakom, if yes is it expensive?