We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Trip Advice for Kerala 3 days Trip with Family

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Need Trip Advice for Kerala 3 days Trip with Family

Hi..

I need a trip advice for 3 days trip to Kerala.

Chennai - Kerala - Chennai

I am going to travel with my family..

till now wen i browsed i thought of chennai - cochin-munnar-thekady-cochin-chennai

interested in a trip to hill station then backwater with boating (need a economic one not a boat house)

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Cochin
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Trip Advice for Kerala 3 days Trip with Family

Hi Friend,

The overall blue print you had is perfectly fine. You may also take a look at the following itinerary for a better clarity.

Day 0: Depart from Chennai. You may catch an evening train from Chennai to reach Cochin by next day morning. You have the following trains to consider.

Trivandrum Mail (2623), Departure: 8 PM; Arrival at Ernakulam Town: 6.40 AM

Alleppey Express (6041), Departure: 9.15 PM; Arrival at Ernakulam Town: 8.35 AM

Day 01: Proceed to Kumarakom/Alleppey houseboats. Check-in to houseboats by 11 AM. Check out by next day morning 9 AM.

Day 02: Proceed to Munnar. Stay overnight.

Day 03: Continue in Munnar.

Day 04: Check-out and proceed to Cochin to catch a return train to Chennai. You may consider the following trains,

Chennai Mail (2624) - Departure: 7.30 PM; Arrival at Chennai: 7.30 AM

Chennai Express (6042) - Departure: 5.30 PM; Arrival at Chennai: 6.30 AM

Happy Kerala!!

Team tennderGreens

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Trip Advice for Kerala 3 days Trip with Family

Hi...

Thanks for information.. I appreciate your early reply.

The iternarary you provided looks better for me.

But the constraint i have is the boat house.. i heard it is very expensive.

we are 7 adults and 2 children for this trip. can you tell me how the boat house

will cost to occupy all in one?

Also please give a trip advice skipping the boat house.

Thanks.

Cochin
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Trip Advice for Kerala 3 days Trip with Family

Hi Friend,

Keeping up the decorum of trip advisor, it's not appreciated to quote, promote or sell services in this discussion forum. However, we are delighted to assist you with any kind of support in planning and execution of your vacations to Kerala. If it's fine with you, please reach out to us through one of the email IDs or phone numbers available in our website.

Having said that, on your specific query on houseboats at Kumarakom/Alleppey - ideally you should get a decent houseboat (A/C) at around Rs 13,000 for 7 adults, for day and night cruise, including lunch, dinner and breakfast.

As indicated above, for the rest of the trip, please reach out to us directly. Thanks again.

Happy Kerala!!

Team tennderGreens

Kerala
Level Contributor
261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Trip Advice for Kerala 3 days Trip with Family

Hello,

Since you are travelling with your family, i suggest you take a premium category houseboat (a/c rooms as well)

5. Re: Need Trip Advice for Kerala 3 days Trip with Family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2010, 09:48