We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Please! Albania Day Trip WITHOUT Organised Tour Company

Level Contributor
34 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Help Please! Albania Day Trip WITHOUT Organised Tour Company

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has experience of organising their own trip to Sarandë and Butrint?

My boyfriend and I are staying in Sidari and fancy going. But after an organised trip to Spinalonga last summer in Crete, we're put off by the idea of being herded about with a group of tourists and restricted by the tour company's timetable.

We're happy getting the bus to Corfu town and catching a ferry but unsure on the times and how easy it would be to get to Butrint once in Sarandë. Plus timings coming back too.

Any advice and tips are greatly appreciated. Or if there is a forum topic on this already which I have missed, can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers :-)

14 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
794 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Please! Albania Day Trip WITHOUT Organised Tour Company

Natalie I know exactly what you mean and I am sure it is certainly do-able getting the ferry from Corfu Town. If you look at corfu tourist on facebook they usually post ferry times on there. They have been doing this for the past few weeks. This would probably be a good place to start looking to get an idea of the times.

Michelle

Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
11,828 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Please! Albania Day Trip WITHOUT Organised Tour Company

Once in Saranda grab a taxi. 10-15€ one way to Butrinti. Fare can be negotiated

Level Contributor
34 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Please! Albania Day Trip WITHOUT Organised Tour Company

Hi Michelle

Thanks so much for your reply. Glad I'm not the only one! I'll get on Facebook and check that page out. I'm sure once I have an idea of ferry times, I can get searching Sidari/Corfu Town bus schedules and plan accordingly :-)

Thanks again for your help!

Level Contributor
34 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Please! Albania Day Trip WITHOUT Organised Tour Company

Excellent! Thank you for the info Floriani22. Will defo check the price with the taxi driver before we set off on our journey. I'm confident there'll be lots of taxis available in the port. Thanks again!

Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
794 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Please! Albania Day Trip WITHOUT Organised Tour Company

Good Luck Natalie I am sure you will be able to do it independently. Nothing worse than being herded on and off a coach like cattle.... hate it!!!!

Level Contributor
34 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help Please! Albania Day Trip WITHOUT Organised Tour Company

Thank you Michelle :-) x

Oh us too, it was so embarrassing being stuck with bumbag toting selfie stick gang.

Fingers crossed our indie Alabnia daytrip will be straightforward. I have faith in us to do it on our own haha

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
465 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help Please! Albania Day Trip WITHOUT Organised Tour Company

Why don’t you stay over for the night plenty of cheap accommodation available

Level Contributor
34 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help Please! Albania Day Trip WITHOUT Organised Tour Company

That's not a bad shout. Thanks for the suggestion! I've seen 1 night stays for around £30 B&B. We'll definitely be giving ourselves more time.. we'd now also like to see the Blue Eye. Just want to get the most out of our holiday but need to keep the costs down as much as possible.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 21:01
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
465 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help Please! Albania Day Trip WITHOUT Organised Tour Company

We’re here at the moment & looked at doing it but ran out of time.booking .com had some really cheap rooms in sarande. The cheapest was £9 for two people for 2 nights! In a 14 bed mixed dormitory tho breakfast was included too!

Level Contributor
34 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help Please! Albania Day Trip WITHOUT Organised Tour Company

How lovely! Wish we were there now and staying the entire season! How's the weather treating you? How long you staying? Wow, that's very cheap! We're likely to opt for a private room but wouldn't rule out a dorm; especially at that price :-)

Reply to: Help Please! Albania Day Trip WITHOUT Organised Tour Company
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sidari
Recent Conversations
More Sidari Topics