We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour guide recommendation for Bale Mountains

Germany
1 post
2 reviews
Tour guide recommendation for Bale Mountains

What a great time we have had with our tour guide Armaye,(armynega@gmail.com) he was knowledgeable and always willing to help. My wife and I booked this tour online a month ago and we had quick and prompt reply from Armaye who was our guide at Bale Mountains. We read great reviews on trip advisor and that helped us to choose and book with him. Everything was well planned and assisted , we always felt safe and well taken care of. Also we used him to organize transportation from Addis to Bale Mountains.

The Bale Mountains are spectacular, incredible scenery and wildlife. The mountains are stunning and quite unlike any other mountains I have visited. In the morning everything is covered with frost so warm clothes recommendable ho have. But minor inconveniences are offset views of the surrounding landscape , endemic plants and huge number of animals and birds. We have seen hundreds of Mountain Nyala’s and reedbucks, Ethiopian Wolves and several endemic birds. It’s a perfect place for trekkers or birdwatchers.

7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
1. Re: Tour guide recommendation for Bale Mountains

We just returned from a tour to Ethiopia organized by Muzeyen Turke and his company Trek Ethiopia (www.trekethiopia.org). For our group of four, including a ten-year old, Muzeyen organized a private itinerary including Harar and Sof Omar. The highlight was by far the trekking and exploring in the Bale Mountains and the Harenna forest.

Despite significant pressure on the ecosystem due to unsustainable farming and settlements in the National Park, we saw lots of wildlife and of course also the unique Ethiopian wolves. Muzeyen used to work as a wolf monitor and was therefore able to provide lots of information about their behavior and habitat. He was also very flexible when we suggested a change in the planned itinerary.

Consider booking an additional horse for your backpacks or if you are trekking with children as the altitude of 4,000m / 13,000ft on the Sanetti Plateau requires several days of acclimatization.

7 posts
2. Re: Tour guide recommendation for Bale Mountains

Thanks so much for your great review and it was all memorable trip thanks kind regards Muzeyen

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
238 posts
3. Re: Tour guide recommendation for Bale Mountains

Patrick C- I'm curious how many nights and days spent in the mountain? How long the hike? Is there any sort of lodge or tent is must? Thanks.

Addis Ababa...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
4. Re: Tour guide recommendation for Bale Mountains

Dear Patrick,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with me at Bale Mountains ,and thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review for us!

Armaye.

Munich, Bayern...
1 post
5. Re: Tour guide recommendation for Bale Mountains

Hi - at the end of June 2017 we had an amazing time with a 4 day hiking/camping trip with a great guide,

Armaye [armynega@gmail.com; phone: +251912825450].

Firstly, even before the tour, he was very good at communicating with us and ensuring that the trip would give us what we wanted.

Then also when we were out in the National Park he was very knowledgeable about the local wildlife (especially birds) and great fun to talk with over dinner after long days walking.

All together then very highly recommended.

Nathan, Annette and Mark

Addis Ababa...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
6. Re: Tour guide recommendation for Bale Mountains

Dear Nathan, Annette and Mark

Thank you very much for your time and

words reviewing us on here. I am proud to make

your trekking a successful trekking overall.

I hope to see you again in future for great holiday in Ethiopia.

Armaye.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,909 posts
106 reviews
7. Re: Tour guide recommendation for Bale Mountains

Armaye

If you are going to acknowledge favourable posts, at least please have the courtesy to respect your clients' privacy and don't identify them by their full family forenames.

Regards

Mondial

Reply to: Tour guide recommendation for Bale Mountains
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bale Mountains...