We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sao Luiz Weather 2012.

Sussex
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Sao Luiz Weather 2012.

What is the weather going to be like this year 2012 in Feb & March. I have heard rumours it will rain more than usual. Will there be any Sun or will it rain intermitant?. Will it rain so much that outside resturants shut?. No chance of a suntan?. Appriciate your insider knowledge as will be there then and dont know if just to pack my wellies and umbrella. Thx.

Fort Walton Beach...
Level Contributor
50 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sao Luiz Weather 2012.

Hello,

Noticed your question about Sao Luis weather (last January) but no one responded. I'm visiting next March and would love to hear any and all comments you have about the city, the weather, the dunes....anything.

Thanks,

Marvin

Florida

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
584 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sao Luiz Weather 2012.

Check the weather channel or cnn weather for Sao Luis- Brazil, for current temperature or monthy averages for tempeture and rainfall.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sao Luiz Weather 2012.

Probably too late now with an answer. If you go to the Rodoviaria south of São Luis, go to the desk of Cigna Branco. You can buy a ticket there for R$28 for Barreirinhas. The trip is about 240 kms and will take about Four and a half hours. Quite interesting trip, you will stop twice to stretch your legs and grab a cup of coffee. Good Luck.

Edited: 16 December 2012, 23:11
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sao Luiz Weather 2012.

Hullo, It, s really not possible to forecast weather that far in advance. But I would say that in March, yes you will get a fair bit of Rain, but look on the bright side, in March it will be warm rain. The Lagoons on the Lencois Marenhensas should have water in them ( tis years there has been very little rain, in fact it is the driest year for 37 years ) I am sure you will get outside meals, not too sure of Sun Bathing in March though, a bit too Hot I should say. You will I am certain thoroughly enjoy your visit to the Area.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sao Luiz Weather 2012.

Hullo, It, s really not possible to forecast weather that far in advance. But I would say that in March, yes you will get a fair bit of Rain, but look on the bright side, in March it will be warm rain. The Lagoons on the Lencois Marenhensas should have water in them ( tis years there has been very little rain, in fact it is the driest year for 37 years ) I am sure you will get outside meals, not too sure of Sun Bathing in March though, a bit too Hot I should say. You will I am certain thoroughly enjoy your visit to the Area.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sao Luiz Weather 2012.

Hi,

I was in Sao Luis 10years ago and had an excellent time. The old city center was in the early stages of restoration so by now it must be restored.

You must go to Lencois for an overnight trip, the dunes were fantastic.

Some pictures from our trip:

http://johnberner.com/02saoluis.htm

7. Re: Sao Luiz Weather 2012.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 12:47
Get answers to your questions about Sao Luis