We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any one been to Ship Wreck'd in Costa Maya?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Any one been to Ship Wreck'd in Costa Maya?

I have been to Costa Maya a few times via cruise ship, and mostly just hung out at the beach clubs along the Malecon. I would like to expand my horizons on my next visit. Have any of you ever been to the little bar on the dock called Ship Wreck'd, South of the Malecon? If so was it worth the effort, and are there food and beverages any better than I'll find at any other place? Thank you in advance for your input...

1 reply
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any one been to Ship Wreck'd in Costa Maya?

Since there have been to replies to this subject, I will relate my experience a couple of weeks ago... I have been to Costa Maya a few times, and was just looking for something new or different to do. I had read about this place, and decided to give it a shot.

First of all, it was difficult to even find a cab willing to take me there. Most acted as if they had never heard of it, but I persevered, and finally found one willing to take me for $15.

I now see why they were reluctant, as the road quickly deteriorated once past the Malecon area. We finally made it, and I made my way onto the premises. Upon inspection of the tequila and other liquor options, I just opted for a canned cerveza. Eventually I ordered some food, but in hindsight, I wish I had not. I asked about something with lobster and shrimp, and inquired about how much it would be. The waiter just pointed at a vague spot on the menu. I rolled the dice, and awhile later the food arrived. Both the lobster and shrimp, which were supposedly just made, were cold. Nor refrigerated cold, but more like it had just been sitting around for hours...

Soon after, I was just ready to head back towards the Malecon. The waiter called a cab, and a few minutes later, I was headed back to town.

Reply to: Any one been to Ship Wreck'd in Costa Maya?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Costa Maya
Recent Conversations