We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport options

Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Transport options

Hello,

I am hoping that someone can help me with some travel options as I am getting very confused with some of the train details. It looks like I need to make lots of changes and some of the times seem to be much longer at certain times of the day. Not sure if there are different train companies.

I am travelling from Maastricht to Scheveningen in the Hague and spending a few days there. I will then be travelling from Scheveningen to Eindhoven airport.

If anyone can give me some advise on these two journeys, via train or road (do not want to hire a car) I would be delighted.

Thanks so much in advance

Mary

4 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,850 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport options

Pretty simple really. You need to use 9292.nl/en for door to door planning. The rail site is ns.nl/en

Basically from Maastricht you need to take the train to Utrecht and change there (very easy, just cross the platform) then to Den Haag.

From there you need to take a tram (I think it's the 9 but not sure). The 9292 site will give you all the info you need including the return journey to Eindhoven,

Den Haag
Level Contributor
63 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport options

Both tram 9 and tram 1 go to Scheveningen. Whilst both end up at the Kurhaus, you need to take the 1 if you are staying at any of the big hotels off the Scheveningseweg or around the World Forum.

There are two train stations in The Hague - Centraal and Holland Spoor, but trams run from both so it doesn't really matter which you end up at or go from.

If you do need to change trains, the monitors inside the train tell you the platform numbers for connections. Also, if you load the app for the train company ns.nl on your phone before you come, you can get all the times and connections whilst you are here.

Den Haag
Level Contributor
63 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport options

Forgot to say, we went from Scheveningen to Eindhoven airport the other day. I agree, the connections varied a lot, but we just picked one where there were no changes. It took less than two hours. I would just ignore the options with lots of changes.

At Eindhoven railway station we took bus 400 to the airport. Bus 401 also goes there. We used our OV chip cards on the bus, but you could get tickets from a machine or the driver, even online I think. That took about twenty mins and they are very frequent, even on a Sunday.

Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport options

Thank you both so much for such detailed information. This makes planning my trip so much easier and less complicated!!

Really appreciated!

Mary

Reply to: Transport options
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Scheveningen