We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Six nights on the Dutch coast

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Six nights on the Dutch coast

Myself, my wife and our twelve year old daughter are looking to spend six nights on or near the dutch coast in early August. We would like to be able to walk to restaurants, have a decent selection of hotels to choose from and things for our daughter to do. We will have a hire car. Is Scheveningen the largest resort with best family facilities? We like the coast but would a little inland be better (Den Haag)? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
62,434 posts
225 reviews
1. Re: Six nights on the Dutch coast

Hi there,

I'd doubt. Places like Domburg, Renesse, Noordwijk, Zandvoort, Egmond or even De Koog (Texel island) are in our opinion more 'real sea resorts' and also free or at least affordable parking. Scheveningen, due to it's growing together with The Hague, is more a big city with a beach. And all of them also have more things to do for kids nearby than a big town, for Scheveningen can't think of much more than Madurodam and Duinrell...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
161 reviews
2. Re: Six nights on the Dutch coast

My Wife & I love Scheveningen,beautiful beach,great variety of places to eat,lovely promenade & pier for strolling,good range of shops,spectacular sunsets,good variety of hotels & excellent transport network(trams & buses) to explore elsewhere

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Six nights on the Dutch coast

Thank you for the information.

I will look at the places suggested.

4. Re: Six nights on the Dutch coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2017, 03:45
Get answers to your questions about Scheveningen