We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to reach imphal from guwahati

JAMSHEDPUR
1 post
Save Topic
how to reach imphal from guwahati

please give road route from guwahati to imphal.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: how to reach imphal from guwahati

Hi Mr. Singh,

By Bus to Imphal

From Guwahati daily on the NH 39 via Dimapur and Kohima many private buses available. Mentioned below are some of the travel agents you could contact for Bus reservation. The STD code for Imphal is 0385

Kangleipak Tours & Travels, North A.O.C Imphal Tel:.222131.

Daily Imphal-Guwahati/Shillong Bus Services.

Sangai Tours & Travels, near G.M.Hall, Imphal Tel.226803.

Daily Imphal-Guwahati/Shillong Bus Services.

You may also want to check the below link to book Bus service

http://www.redbus.in/

Also, you might want to check the link

e-pao.net/epPageExtractor.asp…

Regards

Jonah

Guwahati, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to reach imphal from guwahati

Any of these phone numbers are not working.

Guwahati, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to reach imphal from guwahati

There are 3 practical ways to reach Imphal:

1. By air; the Tulihal airport is 8 km from city and from the airport you can get hired vehicles or even Tata magix shared vehicles upto the city. This is the BEST way to get in/out of Imphal.

2. From Guwahati: Buses depart from ISBT. Counters are present in ISBT as well as railway station Paltan bazar or manipuri basti in Guwahati. Buses depart at 3 pm and 6 pm. They have dinner at Jakhalabandha and then reach Imphal by next day around 11 am. They charge Rs 800. On the return journey, buses depart Imphal by around 9-10 am and reach Guwahati by 4 am next day. They have lunch at Sekmai (10 am), dinner at Lalmati (5 pm) or Dhansiri (7 pm) and second dinner at Jakhalabandha (late night 11 pm).

You can do the bookings on the same day itself but before 12 noon while going, and early in the morning while returning.

3. From Dimapur: There are 2 timings: 5-6 am and 6-8 pm whence buses/ wingers/ tempo-travellers depart for Imphal. Best is to catch Nagaland express from Kamakhya guwahati and reach dimapur by 5.30 am. Fresh a bit and sit in the winger (counters are near burma gate in Dimapur, cross the FOB over to other side, its walking distance). For wingers/ tempo travellers, fare is Rs 600. They halt numerous times on the way. Lunch halt is at Mao gate (border of Nagaland and Manipur) by around 10-11 am where u will get to experience their traditional food (no roti, only rice (chak), iromba and ngari (fish)). They reach Imphal by 1-3 pm. Another cheaper alternative is catching Nagaland State Transport (NST) bus from Dimapur it is just opposite railway station. Bus departs at 6 am. Fare is much cheaper (Rs 300). Bus reaches by around 3 pm. Note that ALL THESE SERVICES DO NOT RUN ON SUNDAYS or BANDH-DAYS.

From silchar, it takes 2 days to reach imphal via Jiribam. silchar-jiribam is some 4-5 hours. buses depart jiribam early in morning 5 am and reach Imphal by 7-8 pm when the whole city is asleep.

From Mizoram, there is practically no road, however I know of a daily basic sumo service Aizawl-imphal departing Aizawl at 10 am and reaching CCpur at 11 am next day via champhai tipaimukh NH 150 and Imphal by 2-3 pm next day.

Connection of Imphal with other Dist HQ's:

Bishnupur, Thoubal, CCpur have many vehicles like tata magix, buses and sumos connecting Imphal. 5 am-5pm. CCpur/thoubal stand is near Keishampat Jn and Thoubal kakching moreh is at moreh parking near hotel imphal.

Ukhrul has services at 7am, 11am, 2 pm from Imphal. return services are similar. Counter Khuman lampak.

Senapati: bus & sumo services available at 3-4 hours interval. They depart when they are full. Better is reaching Tahanzam (dist HQ of senapati) by changing vehicles i.e. imphal-mantripukuri-sekmai - kangpokpi- senapati.

Chandel: 2-3 direct buses are available (6am, 11 am) else change at Palel bazar. Return theres a direct bus at 1 pm.

Tamenglong: 2 timings: 6 am and 11 am. 6 am service reaches by 1-2 pm and 11 am service reaches by 6-7 pm. Return timings similar. Another bus service is there- Tamenglong via tamei but I suggest to avoid that service.

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: how to reach imphal from guwahati

Hi anujkb, you say bus depart from guwahati to imphal at 3 and 6 pm. Is there any bus that depart at night, maybe 9 or 10 pm?. Coz the problem is my train arrival is around 7-8 pm at guwahati railway stn. And I want to go directly to imphal without staying the night at guwahati. If you have any information please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Delhi, Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: how to reach imphal from guwahati

what is the bus and train fare from guahati to imphal

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: how to reach imphal from guwahati

what is the bus fare for guwahati to imphal..

and for guwahati to shillong....??? any1 please

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
507 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to reach imphal from guwahati

Guwahati-Shillong fare wouldn't be more than Rs.200 on government bus and approx Rs.300/head for shared taxi/jeep.

For daily overnight Guwahati-Imphal buses, you can try inquiring at Zed Travels near Apsara cinema hall, close to Guwahati railway station.

Hyderabad, India
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: how to reach imphal from guwahati

pls let us know what is best possible train facilty to reach imphal from gowhati

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
507 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how to reach imphal from guwahati

Travel by train from Guwahati to Dimapur (Nagaland) and then by road to Imphal (7hrs). Jan Shatabdi and Rajdhani would be the fastest options.

It is a long journey, recommended to fly directly to Imphal from Guwahati/Kolkata.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
50 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how to reach imphal from guwahati

Hi, i am a traveller with my parents.Just wanted to check is it advisable to take nite train from Guwahati-Dimapur & visa verca?Is it safe? I hv a FLT to catch,back to delhi from Guwahati on 8April.I am left with 2 full days & 1 Nght. Wanted to visit Kohima.Go on 6 & cm bk on nite train on 7 april & reach directly to airport on 8 april.Flite at 11..Kindly advice.Also places we can visit here?A day prior We will be in Guwahati..It will be nice if someone can share little info.here also.

Many thanks.

Hitasha

Get answers to your questions about Imphal