We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets in Pernera

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarkets in Pernera

We are staying in a villa in Pernera in July, could anyone tell me of any local supermarkets that are reasonably priced for beer, soft drinks & snacky stuff for lunches ? We'll be eating out every night for our main meal it's just things to keep two hungry teenagers fed and my other half supplied with a beer or two during the day that I'm looking for !!

I know of a supermarket opposite the Anastasia Hotel just wondered if there were any others within walking distance of the Blue Spice complex ??

Thanks

Julie.

Paralimni, Cyprus
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarkets in Pernera

Hi Julie,

There are another couple of supermarkets the other side of the Anastasia Hotel, behind the Marlita Beach complex, don't know what they're called. One is part of the Ausonia Apartments and the other is directly opposite it.

Regards

Lilly

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarkets in Pernera

Thanks Lilly will check them out !! Don't want to be walking to far with supplies in that heat !!

Julie.

Uk
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarkets in Pernera

We will be staying in Phase A in Orestiada, Pernera. Are there supermarkets within walking distance to this? also, I appreciate the prices may be a little more than the bigger supermarkets but how expensice are we talking about?

Also, anyone have any tips for nice reasonably priced white/rose wine?

thanks a lot

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarkets in Pernera

Yes, there are supermarkets in the town about 10 mins walk away.

You don't want to be carrying too much in the heat though.

The supermarkets in town don't stock a huge range, best for things like milk, bread, juice etc

There is a nice bakery next to Pizza Hut that is open from 5.30am every morning and sells fresh bread, croissants doughnuts and cakes.

They also do sausage rolls and pasties (warm).

The supermarkets are quite expensive, 2 pints of milk is around 2 euros, bread similar, bacon is about four to five euros a pack.

We didn't find a good rose, we ended up buying an echo falls at the supermarket!!! There are loads of Cypriot white wines - go to the off licence at the beginning of the High St in Pernera his prices are excellent.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarkets in Pernera

we hire a car but i would catch the bus up to orphandies in paralimini and stock up lots cheaper than resort supermarkets

6. Re: Supermarkets in Pernera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 18:46
Get answers to your questions about Protaras