We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chopsticks Restaurant

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Chopsticks Restaurant

Going back this year to Protaras,first time in three years and was wondering if Chopsticks chinese restaurant is still open in Pernera,don't fancy walking round and then finding out it's closed,the other half is a lazy git lol!

12 replies to this topic
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chopsticks Restaurant

Hi Mandy! Sorry but chopsticks has been sold

and is now called El Greco!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
946 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chopsticks Restaurant

Indeed Chopsticks is now El Greko, quite a bit of work has been done to it !

http://postimage.org/image/16rey9og4/

Steve

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chopsticks Restaurant

They have opened a new Chinese further down the road. Can't remember the name but it's next to the central taxi office (Anastasis Hotel area). Ate there in June and it was awful. I've never had crispy duck sliced with carrot and cold pancakes! Every meal tasted as if it had been cooked with the same sauce and the portions were small. It was also very expensive for what we had -1 mixed starter, 1 quarter crispy duck starter, four main meals, two rice, 2 brandy sours, 1 fizzy water, 1 coffee - 75 euros. It had only been open for 2 weeks so it might have improved by now.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
946 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chopsticks Restaurant

Kath was it the "Wan Chai" where it used to be the Friends bar, and was last something like "Christines" ?

Steve

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chopsticks Restaurant

Hi Steve,

I thought the name started with an N - will look it out when I go back at the end of this week.

Kath

Cornwall
Level Contributor
310 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chopsticks Restaurant

Is the new Chinest restaurant where Del Boys bar used to be? If so, my friend used it once and she said it was awful and very expensive.

Sharon

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
946 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chopsticks Restaurant

I think it last called "Chistines" ? before that "delboys" and first time we saw it, it was "friends"...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
946 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chopsticks Restaurant

just had a look.. 2009 it was "Del Boys Pub" this is now "Wan Chai" (in 2004 it was "Friends" and at some other point was "Christines" or something similar)

http://postimage.org/image/dxq909r8/

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chopsticks Restaurant

Yes, definitely Wan Chai - not a Chinese person in sight when I went - all Eastern European or English staff - no atmosphere and poor food and yet another chap staying at The Livas had a takeaway and said it was best he had ever had.

Oroklini, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chopsticks Restaurant

The food in wan chai was vial!!

located in the penera part of protaras,

chicken in sizzling black bean sauce was like water, and the chicken you could find was full of grilse and tasted yukk!

curry sauce, well seriously they need to learn to make something so simple... egg fried rice came out freezing cold so the food was sitting around while the rice was microwaved...

on the upside they can make decent chips!!!

for a very 'pricey restaurant' they serve up rubbish.

The El Greko on the other hand was lush food was great, and they are part of the same chain so i'm guessing they have just moved the Chinese.

for a decent chinese in Cyprus it has to be Mulan.

well worth a visit.

Reply to: Chopsticks Restaurant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Protaras