We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire recommendations please

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
9 reviews
Car hire recommendations please

I'm wanting to hire a car for 2 weeks in August next year, I have only hired a car once in Cyprus and went through Petsas and only for 2 days. We are wanting to collect from the airport (larnaca) so need a nice sized car for 4 of us plus luggage. Who can you recommend for decent prices, quality of cars and service please???

58 replies to this topic
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,963 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Car hire recommendations please

Please do a search on the forum, there are many, many recommendations.

Including several on page 1 and page 2 so you won't have to search far

Edited: 04 December 2013, 05:19
Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Car hire recommendations please

Done a search and there not many recent 1's that I could find most are from 2011!!!!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,963 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Car hire recommendations please

because you are posting on the Protaras forum it often helps to widen your search to the main Cyprus forum as often people post there rather than on the specific pages for a town.

This topic is from earlier this week and may help as it is about cars you can pick up at Larnaca airport.

It's worth clicking on the links in the topic for more info

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190379-i9559-k7…

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Car hire recommendations please

Stevens car rentals every time. Google and e mail for a fixed price. Very reliable and honest. We use them every time we are in Cyprus.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
50 reviews
5. Re: Car hire recommendations please

Totally agree with Kathdes about Stevens car hire, we used them this year for the first time and now would not use any other company. Rep met us at the airport to complete paperwork and collect car, we were on the road to Protaras within half an hour.

Prudhoe...
Level Contributor
98 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Car hire recommendations please

I too go for Stevens good quick service, Out of the airport in double quick time, at drop off you just leave car in car park put keys in boot lock it and your away . Also they do not try to rob you on the petrol issue you normally pay for 1/2 tank full and leave it empty

Very good service all round

UK
Level Contributor
14,015 posts
139 reviews
7. Re: Car hire recommendations please

I used these guys this year www.lowpricecypruseconomycarrentals.com they're the agents in Larnaca for Easy Car Rental based in Paphos. They were absolutely excellent, the service before, during and after the rental couldn't have been better or gone smoother. They have the best fuel policy, YOU choose, full and return full or half a tank and return the same or pay the fuel used and bring back as empty as possible. Very fair. We had a great Nissan Note that was spotless and in great condition. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. They'll also accommodate any requests........drop them an email from their website, they reply really quickly.

They're in the links Latimer posted too with feedback from other users.

UK
Level Contributor
14,015 posts
139 reviews
8. Re: Car hire recommendations please

Also worth mentioning that although I found them by far the best value on all 4 times we hired from them, the best price is achieved by getting a quote online and then emailing them via their website (not unlike Pestas)

9. Re: Car hire recommendations please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 December 2013, 22:35

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
475 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Car hire recommendations please

Cyprus-car.com allow you to cross the border and they are priced the best.

All the best

Reply to: Car hire recommendations please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Protaras