We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise Pearl Hotel Protaras Cyprus

Washington, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Topic
Sunrise Pearl Hotel Protaras Cyprus

Can anyone update me about progress to the Sunrise Pearl is it open yet or what is the state at present we are booked for September but would love to know just what is going on?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel Protaras Cyprus

Hi Gary

Seems like the Sunrise Pearl is almost ready, look on other threads a guy is out there at the moment and he is putting on daily updates!

Think it should all be fine by the time you go in September.

Diane

London
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel Protaras Cyprus

Gary, there are already 3 other current threads on this page for the Sunrise Pearl. I am posting updates in those which should contain all you need to know. If not, ask in one of them and I'll do my best. We leave for home on Wednesday.

South Kensington...
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel Protaras Cyprus

Just got back from Protaras on 17th June 12. The Sunrise Pearl opened whilst we were there - from what I could see it still looked unfinished. The day before it opened we watched the palm trees being put in and there were about 70 workmen on site. Looked a bit messy

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel Protaras Cyprus

In the last few days the spa has opened the suites & swim up rooms are being furnished should be opened by tomorrow and the frames for the poolside beds have been built but no beds yet.tried out the spa had a massage and a treatment involving sauna,steam room,flotation pool,snow chamber fantastic.what a difference in 2weeks

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel Protaras Cyprus

In the last few days the spa has opened the suites & swim up rooms are being furnished should be opened by tomorrow and the frames for the poolside beds have been built but no beds yet.tried out the spa had a massage and a treatment involving sauna,steam room,flotation pool,snow chamber fantastic.what a difference in 2weeks

Bristol
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel Protaras Cyprus

What a disaapointment,arrived 17-6-12,at midnight no scope for food as restaurants had closed only staff the night clerk & bell boy.

Room pleasant enough,but has air of just being refurbished as oppesede to being new, bathroom tiles not cleaned after grouting,glass dirty,builders measurement marks over tiles,nice twin sinks but work top looked like had cursorary wipe after builder went for tea,top grubby & stained.

Took ius 3 days to find the charging unit for ipod/mp3 etc,well fitted and concealed into dressing table top.

Limited sea view is quite funny i.e full view of neighbouring hotel Vrissania Beach,but if we stood to extreme left of balcony and didn't fight each other for the position you can see the sea................

The hotel is still work in progress,buliders there throughout our weeks stay 17-24-6-12. Spa opened 19-6-12, but there were still working on the sea view deluxe suites as we left, nice builders access hole with metal sheeting to give access to all and sundry who wanted to wander through,trees propped up with 4x2 wood,piping sticking through concrete next to family pool obviously no ambulance chasing lawyers in Cyprus yet for the forseeable injuries with this obvious danger, one set of steps from the pool placed directly in fron with a two foot fgap between it and a poolside umbrella,made for interesting exit from pool when guest were on their sunbeds next to this badly placed set of steps.

Pool bar still being fitted in,and the toilets beneath it were constantly wet & slippery where they haven't sorted the plumbing issues there so don't go barefoot.

Food in the single opened Waterfall restaurant (though the fish restaurant opened as we left) breakfast good selection f cereals/cooked breakfast & fruit,however don't recommend you eat here on half board,there was a good varied menu of cypriot dishes very tasty BUT always stone cold unless you got some thing freshly made from the grill area,the only hot food we had otherwise was outside of the hotel.

On checking out had been charged for items not ordered,hotel charges items to a room so this is open to abuse or error,the staff didn't quibble and rectified this matter.Staff themselves are polite and helpful at all times

Sorry for negative air to these comments,but having stayed at Sunrise Beach a few times and having paid a premium for this hortel was sadly disappointed,I expect the hotel will improve in future but I'm not in a hurry to go back

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel Protaras Cyprus

It is a lovely hotel and should be finished by September. We were there from 17-27 June and yes minimal building works going on but it didn't bother us. If you have any problem, issues the staff will do all they can to accommodate you.

Can know if you you have children or not but it had an adults only pool which was lovely. Our children are now grown up so appreciate a quieter to chill. There is of course a lovely adult/children's pool.

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel Protaras Cyprus

We caught the bus to protaras on 29th June when we were in ayia napa last week. Staying at the sunrise beach in September so had a good look around. The pearl looks as if it will eventually be a nice hotel but still looked somewhat unfinished. Lots of metal fencing still right round the whole of the front. Think Id be a bit disappointed to have page the money to stay there last week.

Scotland
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel Protaras Cyprus

Getting really anxious about the progress (or lack of) at SP. We are due to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary there in September and now wondering if we should have opted for a more established 5* for the money we paid. Anyone have any positive views on the hotel to reassure me? :)

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel Protaras Cyprus

Going to sunrise beach tomorrow, will let you know, this is our 4th visit to SB, which is fantastic, I am sure the pearl will get there.

Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations