We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise Pearl Hotel

Maesteg, Wales...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sunrise Pearl Hotel

Hi, have booked to stay in the sunrise pearl hotel in May in Protaras. It is a new hotel, does anyone know how far into the building it is. Don't want to stay in a building site!

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
281 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel

What date do u go? I have also booked this hotel for august!

I was told by the hotel itself that they are opening on 26th may!

Another post said she knew someone involved in the project and they are on schedule!

It's in their interests to be finished for may otherwise they will lose alot of money!

If u find anything out, let me know too plz!

Xxx

barnsley
Level Contributor
46 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel

We walked past in June of last year and it was still a building site but I understand they are on schedule now. we usually stay at the Sunrise Beach next door but chose not to last year because of the building work. We would love to stay there but as our children are now 14 and 12 they are classed as adults and it is too expensive. Also when I originally priced it up last year it wasnt much more than the sunrise beach even though it was half board but now the prices seem to have gone up by quite a bit which probably means they are confident it will be ready. VERY JEALOUS of anyone staying there, it looks fab......

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel

Hi

The Sunrise Pearl is due to open round the 20th May.

Diane

Save Reply
4. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel

Just walked passed, looks great but Still a work in progress !

Been told opening 1st June but there isnt a pool or any grounds done yet and still a building site.

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel

Just returned from a week in protaras - sorry if anyone is due to go to Sunrise Pearl - its nowhere near ready - they start work at dawn and are still there early evening. There is a steady stream of concrete being delivered throughout the day. Spoke to a few of the builders and they all said at least a month before its ready!!

cardiff
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel

did this hotel open on time anyone?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel

HI,

No it is due to open on the 10th of June & Thomson are still selling holidays departing to the pearl so hopefully it will open on time :-)

Jo

x

Maesteg, Wales...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel

we booked to go to the Sunrise Pearl Hotel with Thomsons for the 6th June. Were notified only 10 days before to say that it would not be ready, and that we would have to stay in the Sunrise Beach for a few days and then move to the pearl as it should be ready by then. We were disgusted by the way we have been treated, as they must have known before then that it would not be ready!!! We were not paying all that money to live out of a suitcase, so we canceled. We are having our money back, but will not trust Thomsons again.

London
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel

Quick update - posting to all Sunrise Pearl threads.

It's 21:30 local time on Friday night. Possibly the busiest I've seen it yet in terms of building works despite it being very dark. Lights are on in all the swimming pools, JCBs are going back and forth and there are men everywhere doing stuff. Came out of the lifts on the 4th floor to find 2 blokes painting (well one painting, the other holding the paint pot lol).

I would definitely say they are on a Sunday completion deadline / bonus, but still touch and go...best live entertainment of the holiday, especially given how poor the Greek dancing was last night :-)

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunrise Pearl Hotel

Hi, does anyone know whether it has been completed by now? How does it compare to Capo Bay?

Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations