We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple of questions

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
A couple of questions

Hi all,

I will heading off to Protaras in early May with my 2 kids and partner. It's our first holiday together, and not sure what to take money wise. We want to have a backup of money, i.e a credit card/travel card. Can you tell me if these are widely accepted in and around Protaras? I believe most of them are mastercard cards. What do other people take as a backup? I just do not want to go around with a lot of money on me!

The other question is car hire, is there suitable public transport if we wanted to venture outside of Protaras with two kids? Or is it recommended to hire a car to travel around?

Many thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple of questions

Hi Joe

Most places over here take plastic and there are also plenty of machine, most people do the same but otheres take cash.

There is a bus that runs through Fig Tree Bay to Parlimini and also to Ayia Napa if you want to go further afield your best hiring a car

Kev

Mentioned in this post
Fig Tree Bay
Fig Tree Bay
4,006 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Blfast
Level Contributor
398 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple of questions

As Kev says most places take plastic and buses run regularly to Ayia Napa but you r better hiring a car,don't do it through reps too dear,there is plenty of local hire places cheaper,also driving is same side of the road as UK

Mentioned in this post
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
Famagusta District, Cyprus
3. Re: A couple of questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 13:50