We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

type of rain?

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
451 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
type of rain?

hi heading to cyprus for the last week in October and I am aware we could have some rain. Do they usually have the all day murky type of rain or short sharp down pours?

Also will a dress and cardi be warm enough in the evenings?

thanks

Troodos Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: type of rain?

Rain here is usually heavy but short lived, unlikely to be hours let alone days of UK style rain. I can not comment on the suitability of a dress but you might possibly need something warmer for the evening. However I am up on Troodos which is cooler than the coast and I do not expect to have to burn a few logs in the evenings for warmth until the back end of November.

Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: type of rain?

you should be alright with a dress and cardie. it mainly gets chilly when the wind picks up and can get quite nippy at night. also if it does rain you might want to stick some boots on with your dress as the drainage system here means that when it rains, heavy as it usually is, the roads become rivers for an hour or so until the water finds its way away.

3. Re: type of rain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2011, 11:54
Get answers to your questions about Protaras