We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Pernera near Protaras???

manchester
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is Pernera near Protaras???

My friend is getting married in protaras although we have seen the Golden coast hotel which has good reviews etc..

Does anyone know how far pernera is from protaras??

We are booking this as it looks like a good quality AI Hotel.

Many Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Golden Coast Beach Hotel
Golden Coast Beach Hotel
1,307 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Scotland
Level Contributor
686 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Pernera near Protaras???

www.cyprus-maps.com/maps/protaras_areaB.jpg

Try the link above it is a map for you to see for youreself how far the hotel is from Protaras.

David

Mentioned in this post
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
946 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Pernera near Protaras???

its linked by the coastal path, about 30mins stroll.. 5 mins drive... not a walk you would want to do 10 times a day in the heat of summer but its not terrible..

Steve

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Pernera near Protaras???

Steve is spot on with the distance from G.Coast to Penera the road is directly opposite. G.Coast is a really nice hotel with a 2 min stroll to the beach

Kev

Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Pernera near Protaras???

The becah by the golden coast is lovely and there is a little harbour there too and a church by the waters edge.

The golden coast is the furthest hotel out though so isn't really in pernera itself. you can either walk along the oad or along the beach to get into pernera, the road way would be about 15 mins the beach way about 5 mins.

alternatively the local bus is €1.50 and runs past the golden coast and on through pernera to protaras.

terri

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
946 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Pernera near Protaras???

Here is the Golden Coast in Pernera.........

wikimapia.org/…b you can scroll along the beach towards Protaras (you need to look at the part of the map that is covered by the bottom of the screen to go towards protaras) You will see the Odessa, Hotel Constantinos The Great and the Vrissiana when you get to Protaras... should give you some idea of the area !

Edited: 28 April 2010, 03:43
Mentioned in this post
Golden Coast Beach Hotel
Golden Coast Beach Hotel
1,307 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Pernera Beach Hotel
Pernera Beach Hotel
1,310 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
Odessa
Odessa
Odessa Oblast, Ukraine
Constantinos the Great Beach Hotel
Constantinos the Great...
1,800 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Vrissiana Beach Hotel
Vrissiana Beach Hotel
1,088 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Cheshire
Level Contributor
365 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Pernera near Protaras???

the coast walk is lovely and you come out somewhere near the rising star hotel. it can get very hot though and you see some nice Lizards along the way.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
72 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Pernera near Protaras???

Hi was wondering if anyone reading this can help me please? My family are staying in villas in the Crystal Lagoon complex at the end of August - my husband and me need accomodation within walking distance of the complex - hotel or apartments - does anyone know of any that are very close to the complex please as we need to be together for the wedding etc and my husband is not very mobile. I appreciate your help

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
946 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Pernera near Protaras???

Crystal Lagoon is in Pernera right behind the Elamaris hotel and opposite the L & G supermarket.

This is the gap in 2006 that the Crystal Lagoon complex was built in

…fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v257/65/48/7593227…

This is the Crystal Lagoon complex being built behind the Elamaris backn in 2007 …fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v257/65/48/7593227…

close up of the building work

…fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v257/65/48/7593227…

and the Crystal Lagoon built in 2008

…fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v652/65/48/7593227…

Around that area you have the Livas hotel apartments which is level floored and lifts (like most hotels) …fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs346.ash1/29475_…

Seagulls, Elamaris, Jaracanda (just googled for spelling and found thats those purple flowering trees we had been taking photos of this May !)

Hope this is some help

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Pernera Beach Hotel
Pernera Beach Hotel
1,310 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Livas Hotel Apartments
Livas Hotel Apartments
268 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
946 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Pernera near Protaras???

This map should open up right over the Crystal Lagoon complex (in the middle, hover over the map).. some of the hotels are marked up as well..

wikimapia.org/…9

scotland
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Pernera near Protaras???

Anais bay hotel 2mins walk from where your family are staying,i am staying there 1st sept for 2wks and it is a family run hotel that gets a lot of guests returning year after year right beside the sea and very central so not a lot of walking for your husband.check it out and see what you think,also the pantelia hotel is along there as well.

Mentioned in this post
Anais Bay Hotel
Anais Bay Hotel
514 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus