We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cockroaches ......aaargh

Newcastle Upon Tyne...
Level Contributor
157 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
cockroaches ......aaargh

Hi first time to cyprus, we normally go to canaries and you get quite a lot of cockroaches in all of these islands. Is there many in Protarus..or any even better any at all. cheers

Discovery Sightseeing Boat Trip from...
3 Reviews
from US$ 28.50*
Free Cancellation
The Black Pearl Pirate Boat Trip from...
1 Review
from US$ 41.60*
Free Cancellation
San Antonio II East Coast Adults Only...
from US$ 71.40*
Free Cancellation
scotland
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cockroaches ......aaargh

In all the years i have been going to cyprus ive only saw 1 and that was in a lift...so you will have no problem with them.....just enjoy as the people,the weather,and the food are all lovely

Scotland
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cockroaches ......aaargh

You do get them but very rarely do you see many.My only holiday to the Canaries,and probably my last,is memorable mostly for the sound of cockroaches scurrying across the floor of the apartment in the dark.Fortunately that's never happened in 10 years or so of holidaying in Cyprus.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cockroaches ......aaargh

The canaries have got to be the worst place for cockroaches and although you do get them in Cyprus, you certainly don't see them as much.

In the whole of last summer I think we had 3 in the house, and I live in quite a rural area. we had several on the balcony but still not what you'd call a lot. In hotels especially the chance of seeing them is very rare. If you are in older apartments which have open entrances and not "corridors", and a lot of greenery around you may see a few more, but I wouldn't worry about them as you mind find you don't see a single one.

Terri

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Kent
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cockroaches ......aaargh

6 times to various locations in cyprus and havn't seen more than a couple :-)

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
11,000 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cockroaches ......aaargh

In twenty odd years going to Cyprus several times a year, have never seen one. Apart from once in England years ago in a self catering cabin the only time I have seen a cockroach on holiday was in a hotel in Kefalonia.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Cyprus
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cockroaches ......aaargh

I`ve lived in Cyprus for the last three and a half years and have only seen one cockroach.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cockroaches ......aaargh

Stayed for a week last May, didnt see a single cockroach :) I've also been to Gran Canaria and saw alot more!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
365 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cockroaches ......aaargh

I have never seen any at all but believe me or not i did see a tarantula on protaras strip (True)

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cockroaches ......aaargh

Not seen a trantula,have seen a few lizards.Julie

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
190 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cockroaches ......aaargh

I have been going all over Cyprus for 12 years and never seen one.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe