We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Protaras 26 Aug - 2 Sept

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
136 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Protaras 26 Aug - 2 Sept

Woo hoo! going to Vangelis Apartments in Protaras in just over 3 weeks. Went to Paphos to watch Cyprus Pro FX WRC in March 2009, came home and booked up again straight away! I've been half packed for about a week already.

Can anyone tell me how to get to the beach from the Vangelis? looks like it's over the road, I was wondering whether you can get to it down the side of the hotels opposite??

Middlebrough
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Protaras 26 Aug - 2 Sept

Hi Miss emma lou

I have been to Protaras many times, but not to the Vangelis, where I'm going in 23 Days....I think you cross over the road and go down the side of the Sunrise Beach hotel, or you can go up the road a bit and go thro the Vrissiana pool area which leads straight to the beach....

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
136 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Protaras 26 Aug - 2 Sept

Sounds like we'll be there at the same time! Do you know whether you get beach towels at the hotel? can fellas wear shorts to dinner? any good places to eat/drink after all inclusive ends at hotel!!

Does anyone know?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Protaras 26 Aug - 2 Sept

Its about 3 weeks for us returning to the Domniki which is in the Pernera district of Protaras i love this area we stayed there last year i had already booked apartments for May this year as my son got married at the Grecian Sands in Ayia Napa on May 8th but that time we stayed at the Andriotis which is just off the strip in Protaras itself but i would go on a hike and call in the Domniki where they remembered us straight away it is family run cant praise it enough.I know people are moaning about prices but god you dont want to get ripped off but you have to expect to pay more everybody suffering the hotelier the restrurant owners everybody i did not find the prices to bad in May and when we went last year Cyprus had just changed to the euro so they have had some upheavel well i just cant wait to get myself back to Cyprus its brillant.

harlow, essex
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Protaras 26 Aug - 2 Sept

No long trousers at the Vangelis, they are very informal apartments. As you are based in the middle of the strip you are spoilt for choice with excellent bars and restaurants. Have stayed at the Vangelis twice they do not supply any beach towels.

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
136 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Protaras 26 Aug - 2 Sept

Thanks for the info guys that's great.

How far is it to the beach?

ayrshire scotland
Level Contributor
157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Protaras 26 Aug - 2 Sept

Beach is approx 100 yards across the road straight in front of the apartments

7. Re: Protaras 26 Aug - 2 Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 10:48