We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just off the plane - had fab time!!

newcastle
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just off the plane - had fab time!!

If you want any info just ask and will try to answer them!

It was hot and we didn't spend anywhere near as much as we thought we would!

Now off to unpack and be depressed with all this flaming rain!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just off the plane - had fab time!!

Start saving. Its the only way to get through the misery of coming home - the thought of going back again!

lancashire
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just off the plane - had fab time!!

Hi.. I am a single mum with 2 children aged 13 and 10.. We are going to the tsokkos beach hotel protaras 5th august for 10 days.. Any information would be great thanks.. We are looking at going to the waterworld park in Ayia Napa and maybe a boat trip but not sure which.. Also i'm just hoping to make friends to talk to when the kids are off and about..Hope people are friendly.. Thankyou and hope you had a good time

Sarah

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just off the plane - had fab time!!

I just got back early hours of this morning. Stayed at The Tsokkos Beach hotel. This hotel is ideal if you like cheesy Butlin type entertainment; quizes and bingo seemed to be extremly popular. If you like English food and don't want to sample anything else then you're spoilt for choice for breakfast and lunch which I can't fault. We struggled with the evening meal and thought it very poor. The hotel is dated and the air con not very efficient. However, we had a really lovely view of the pool and sea in front and another sea view to the side. The rooms are a fairly good size too. Its only a very short walk to the beach which was absolutely lovely. I know people rave about Fig Tree beach but the beach we were on is apparently called Flamingo and seemed just the same only less crowded. The weekend was busier but nice as full of Cypriots. Most of the people at the hotel seemed happy to stay by the pool all day presumably as they could get copious amounts of food and alcohol. We went on the Black Pearl boat trip which was actually rather good. Its all themed on Pirates of the Caribean and 'Captain Jack' was a dead ringer for Johny Depp. He had the children really getting involved and dressing up as did some adults too. Recommend that trip. We did the jeep safari which was good. Maybe not a trip for younger kids - they may find it a bit boring. My daughter and friend did quite a few of the water sports via Stephanos watersports who were absolutely brilliant. One of the guys took them out on a jet ski as they weren't old enough, they did the tandem parasailing, donuts and fly fish and loved them all. They were good enough to let me go in the speed boat and take photos. Enjoyed the coastal walk to Pernera. Walked up to the Church first thing in the morning and enjoyed the view.

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
169 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just off the plane - had fab time!!

Hi Whats the euro rate like out there please?

Norn Ireland
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Just off the plane - had fab time!!

Last week euro was €1.13 - €1.15 for the pound

uk
Level Contributor
350 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just off the plane - had fab time!!

Did you see any laundrettes/Places to wash clothes ?

If please let me know where abouts they were,As i am going very soon and my hotel dosn't have this.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
946 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just off the plane - had fab time!!

several hotels have launderettes and advertise them for general use... ! don't ask me which, but keep your eyes open as you wander around... there is one at the side of the carpark at the front of the Elamaris in Pernera, not sure if they advertise it for use by anyone, but I very much doubt anyone would care... !

Steve

wigan
Level Contributor
260 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just off the plane - had fab time!!

Hi

The Andreotis defo have the facilities to wash cloths

Sharon

newcastle
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just off the plane - had fab time!!

we stayed at the Sandra and they def have facilities €3 a load

will get around to putting the review on soon but still in post holiday depression!

newcastle
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just off the plane - had fab time!!

Hi Sarah

You'll make friends no hassle at all - kids are a great ice breaker - we met a few families around the pool and met up a family who had been chatting with on here too.

The waterpark is fairly expensive it was €36 adult and €24 child inc tranfers - they do vouchers in Flintstones to get some money off but my little one is 4 so didn't bother.

Enjoy your holiday, the place is fab and the kids will love it there's loads for them to do and it feels safe and not too busy

Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations