We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Platomare Hotel Apartments

n ireland
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Topic

hi

haven't been to cyprus before, have decided to go for week in early may, we're two ladies in early 40s looking for chilling time, bit of exploring, nice restaurants and some nite life nothing too mad maybe the odd karaoke bar and somewhere that will keep serving us the local brew on an odd occasion, also want somewhere small and friendly to stay no 5* hotels or big complexes! anyway my question is would protaras be a good choice of resort and does anyone know what these aprtments are like?

last question is the driving nice & straight forward - the fact that it's on same side of road is giving me good vibes!

many thanks in advance for all advice

Mentioned in this post
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Platomare Hotel Apartments

Not sure about the apartments but Protaras is fab, ive been eight times, superb beaches plenty of entertainment at night, karaoke and tribute acts, not really up my street but there is something for everyone.

Mentioned in this post
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
n ireland
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Platomare Hotel Apartments

it's all sounding good - the more stuff i look at on the internet the more i'm convinced it's the place to go!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Platomare Hotel Apartments

Ive sent you a pm showing beach photos

Scotland
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Platomare Hotel Apartments

I'm sure you already know if you've been doing a bit of searching that the Platomare APts are in Pernera and not Protaras.They do happen to be the nearest apartments in Pernera to Protaras though if you walk along the coastal path which is the process of being improved.I've walked past them many a time when we used to go to that side of the island and always thought they looked well looked after,the exterior always looked freshly painted and there never seemed to be many people around the pool area so I think it should be ideal for chilling.If you fancy a great breakfast or snack there is no better place to sit and eat than Zafeiros Kiosk which is about a 5 minute stroll along the coastal path.If you turn out of the apartments and down the road to the sea take the path to the right heading towards Protaras and you'll come to it on your right.I could sit there all day sitting with a beer and looking out to the Med,lovely!!

Mentioned in this post
Pernera Beach Hotel
Pernera Beach Hotel
1,312 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Platomare Hotel Apartments

I agree Dav65 - Zafiros is paradise on earth. We were there when they first opened and have watched this lovely little kiosk thrive. Not only is it the perfect setting but the food is good and definitely the best breakfast in the area.

Bradford
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Platomare Hotel Apartments

Hi

We stayed at the Platomare Apartments in October 08 and whilst the apartments are basic they are clean and sufficient for your needs. They are family owned and the whole family is involved in the business. Great for a relaxing holiday with plenty of life a short walk away should you require this.

Once the coastal path is completed between Protaras and Pernera you will be able to walk into the centre of Protaras in about 15 minutes.

As for the driving, we hired a car for four days and found the roads to be extremely easy to follow and very quiet. I found this the easiest place to drive abroad. The only problem to be aware of is the quality of the Cypriot drivers. You need all your wits about you at all times.

Mentioned in this post
Platomare Hotel...
446 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
Pernera Beach Hotel
Pernera Beach Hotel
1,312 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
7. Re: Platomare Hotel Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 15:54