We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Trip.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
70 posts
Boat Trip.

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good boat trip? We will be staying at the Iliada Hotel so one leaving from close by?

Thanks

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: Boat Trip.

All of the boat trips are much the same. The big Coca Cola boats leave Fig Tree Bay and pick up along the coast. All will take you offshore to Famagusta and then back down to Cape Greko for a lovely swim. There is however an exceptional little boat called The Yellow Boat which leaves the harbour in Pernera -you will see it going up and down the Med. Not so impersonal as the bigger boats and run by a husband and wife team - seats about 38 people. There is usually a lady standing outside the taxi ranks in Pernera in the evening selling the trips but either way I don't think you will be disappointed with any one you choose.

Kapparis,Cyprus
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Boat Trip.

Hi

The boats leave from several jetties now which is easier than the pontoons. If you are staying at Iliada take the path on the beach to your right past Silver Sands and you will see the sales for the boat trip it is 14 euro for adults and 8 euro for children 10 and under. The jetty is at the end of the path. The Coca Cola boat goes from the top end of the strip near the Bikini bar. You can get refrshments on the boat and the trip is 2 1/2 hours. We did it again this week as we had family over and they all love it.

Denise xx

Merseyside
Level Contributor
70 posts
3. Re: Boat Trip.

Thanks, Kath.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
70 posts
4. Re: Boat Trip.

Thanks Denise.

I am really looking forward to seeing some sunshine!!and enjoying a relaxing boat trip.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Boat Trip.

Kath, I completly disagree with you! The boat trips in Prot vary widely!!!

You have the Dolphin Submarine from the beach in Protaras for 10 Euros, 1.5 hrs (a better Version of a glass bottom boat)

The Coca Cola boat and other glass bottom boats are not worth the euros as the bottoms are not cleaned so you cant see anything!

There are numerous boat trips available from the harbour:

Slow Boats: Ayia Trias Boats half and full day trips 14/20 Euros, Yellow boat 10/20 Euros, Shirley Valentine 20 Euros and fast boat safari, Raptor @ 39 Euros for 3 hrs.

All do Famagusta Ghost Town and swim stops, most only go as far as Cape Greko, except the boat safari which goes round to Ayia Napa.

Most longer trips give a free first drink.....

try google with Protaras Boat Trips

Kapparis,Cyprus
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Boat Trip.

Sorry Nemo I have to disagree with you on the glass bottom boats we went on a trip while my son was out I can't remember the name of the boat but it was from Silver Sands jetty and they were under the boat cleaning the glass while we were swimming at Cape Greco.

Denise xx

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
579 posts
71 reviews
7. Re: Boat Trip.

Agree with you denise we just returned after staying at the silver sands i not keen on boats but because its only for 2 1/2 hrs i went & really enjoyed it we went last tuesday so Gwill you got 2min walk out the back end of your hotel turn right your there enjoy

ANGIE

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
579 posts
71 reviews
8. Re: Boat Trip.

Hi again Gwill the glass bottom boats one goes out at 12clock till half 2 then other is half 2 till 5 one is called Contessa napa cant remember the other but they go out every day we sat on our lougers looking to see the quieter day so it not too packed didn book in advance .we sat on the front with legs dangling over it was good

ANGIE

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
21 reviews
9. Re: Boat Trip.

Pleased you enjoyed the glass bottom boat so much, take a trip on the Dolphin Submarine next time, It will blow your socks off!!

10. Re: Boat Trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 16:48
Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations