We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

protaras beach

wirral
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
protaras beach

hi can anyone advice me on which is the famous protaras beach everyone talks about

i an going to nissy bay on aug 24th for 10 days and io have been advised to go to protaras beach while i am there but which one is helppppppppppp

Stockport
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: protaras beach

The main beach in Protaras in called Fig Tree Bay and it's beautiful. The sea is crystal clear - it's like being in a swimming pool!! The sand is also fine and golden. It does get busy though and as far as I can remember, the sun loungers were quite tightly packed together.

Definitley worth a visit though!

Enjoy!!

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: protaras beach

Probably Fig Tree Bay they are talking about. But Nissi Beach is fab too.

Fig Tree Bay is beside/Front off Capo Bay hotel.

HTH

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: protaras beach

It will be Fig Tree Bay but its overrrated IMHO. Certainly its a beautiful swimming area, the sea is so clear but its shoulder to shoulder sun loungers and at weekends you can't move. See if you can find Konnos Bay between Ayia Napa and Protaras - that is lovely. All of the beaches in and around Protaras get very busy at the weekends as the Cypriots quite rightly take their families to the beach at the weekend.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,034 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: protaras beach

Go past Nissi to Macarronis beach, much better than konnos and fig tree

wirral
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
5. Re: protaras beach

i am staying at the olympic lagoon and i think there is a beach facing there to

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
579 posts
71 reviews
6. Re: protaras beach

We staying at Silver Sands what is the beach called there

ANGIE

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
59 reviews
7. Re: protaras beach

I believe the beach near Silver Sands is Fig Tree Bay.

Kapparis,Cyprus
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: protaras beach

Hi

The beach area at Silver Sands is Flamingo beach and that runs right through to the rising star. Fig Tree bay is further along in front of Capo Bay Hotel and has a little Island that you can swim out to but it does get very packed, at the moment it is Cypriot holidays so it is worse than ever. You may catch the tail end of the holidays but the weekends are usually quite bad.

Denise xx

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
579 posts
71 reviews
9. Re: protaras beach

Cheers Denise once again you have come to the rescue ta

ANGIE

10. Re: protaras beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 01:49
Get answers to your questions about Protaras