We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places like Protars

Level Contributor
158 posts
23 reviews
Places like Protars

Hi all been going to Protaras for 7 years and love the place, go twice a year in May and Oct but thinking of going somewhere else for a holiday in May. Looking at pefkos, Rhodes and tsilivi, zante. Basically looking for somewhere that has a good choice of entertainment in the evenings, places to eat and some nice beaches. Any suggestions most welcome. Done Spain and the Canaries so probably looking for one of the Greek Islands.

8 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
11,530 posts
298 reviews
1. Re: Places like Protars

You might be better asking on the Greece forums. Out of the places you mention I have only been to Pefkos. It was nice enough but personally I prefer Cyprus.

Bawburgh
Level Contributor
502 posts
245 reviews
2. Re: Places like Protars

Crete is a lovely island to visit

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
5,527 posts
79 reviews
3. Re: Places like Protars

Pefkos would in my opinion be similar to Protaras. Crete is nice but you need to research your location as it is a big island

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
310 reviews
4. Re: Places like Protars

Been to Zante (Argassi) a few times and enjoyed it.

Edited: 02 November 2018, 16:07
cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaca, Cyprus
Level Contributor
4,674 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Places like Protars

Skiathos in June is fantastic. Been to many Greek isls and all mentioned here but none compares to Skiathos at non peak season. Troodos forest on Protaras beaches

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
97 reviews
6. Re: Places like Protars

Been to Protaras many many times, not a lot of places come close for nightly entertainment except the Canaries

My personal choices for Greek Islands in order are Skiathos, Mykonos, Crete (numerous resorts , all different)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Places like Protars

Kefalonia is beautiful, nice beaches and I believe Lassi is good for (laid back) nightlife. We stayed in Lixouri which was quieter.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
86 posts
63 reviews
8. Re: Places like Protars

Agree with Pefkos - very similar to Protaras.

Reply to: Places like Protars
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Protaras