We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat trip

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Boat trip

We're going to Protaras for the first time in early October (adults no children) and looking for a boat trip that isn't too rowdy (relaxing way to see the coast without too much entertainment on board!!) any recommendations please? Thanks in advance :-)

13 replies to this topic
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
471 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat trip

Shirley valentine all day long.

€5 for 2 hours.

It goes towards famagusta in the morning & down to lovers bridge if you take it in the morning.

Newark-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
296 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat trip

The Yellow Boat

Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat trip

the boat trip...……..oh my god. came back about 4 weeks ago. one night we had 'one or two' pints of thatchers, well 13-14 to be more precise haha . so next day im walking along the beach 'slightly worse for wear ' putting it politely so I thought il go on the boat trip. nice flat sea, so of we went. about 100 on board, and as I said to 99 of them nice flat sea. me? 50 foot waves I thought, and sea sick was an understatement !!!! the captain said to me 'you jumping in for a swim'?. 'not me, I got a bad leg I replied !!!! those 2 and a half hours seemed like 2 and a half days !!!! lesson learned, boat trips are mint, but dont go out the night before and get smashed haha !!!

Levenmouth, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat trip

A few to choose from. Most people recommend captain panikos. Trip includes a viewing of the ghost city and then along to cape Greko where you have time for snorkelling. Great couple of hours trip for a family.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat trip

If you want a quiet boat then definitely Captain Panicos or if you want something quicker, speed, try the Dolphin Safari trip, still quiet but a faster pace

Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat trip

Captain panikos 👍👍👍

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat trip

Thanks for your recommendation about Captain Panikos boat trip. I'm trying to find out more information about the trip but struggling to find a website or TripAdvisor page. Do you happen to have anything else please? Thank you

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat trip

He has a Facebook page

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boat trip

Shirley Valentine every time! Small boat. Great Captain! 5 euro's. Can't go wrong!

Chalfont St. Giles...
Level Contributor
84 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boat trip

You can buy your tickets for Capt Panikos on the jetty - around €7.50 for an adult. I think they do one sailing a day and most seem to leave at 11.00am and last between 2 and 3 hours. The Dolphin Safari boat and Aphrodite also go from the jetty and are perfect for families. They include a swimming stop at the Blue Lagoon. Great value for money in my opinion.

Reply to: Boat trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations