We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat trip

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Boat trip

We're going to Protaras for the first time in early October (adults no children) and looking for a boat trip that isn't too rowdy (relaxing way to see the coast without too much entertainment on board!!) any recommendations please? Thanks in advance :-)

13 replies to this topic
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: Boat trip

Shirley valentine all day long.

€5 for 2 hours.

It goes towards famagusta in the morning & down to lovers bridge if you take it in the morning.

Newark-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
310 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Boat trip

The Yellow Boat

Level Contributor
91 posts
3. Re: Boat trip

the boat trip...……..oh my god. came back about 4 weeks ago. one night we had 'one or two' pints of thatchers, well 13-14 to be more precise haha . so next day im walking along the beach 'slightly worse for wear ' putting it politely so I thought il go on the boat trip. nice flat sea, so of we went. about 100 on board, and as I said to 99 of them nice flat sea. me? 50 foot waves I thought, and sea sick was an understatement !!!! the captain said to me 'you jumping in for a swim'?. 'not me, I got a bad leg I replied !!!! those 2 and a half hours seemed like 2 and a half days !!!! lesson learned, boat trips are mint, but dont go out the night before and get smashed haha !!!

Levenmouth, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Boat trip

A few to choose from. Most people recommend captain panikos. Trip includes a viewing of the ghost city and then along to cape Greko where you have time for snorkelling. Great couple of hours trip for a family.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Boat trip

If you want a quiet boat then definitely Captain Panicos or if you want something quicker, speed, try the Dolphin Safari trip, still quiet but a faster pace

Level Contributor
52 posts
6. Re: Boat trip

Captain panikos 👍👍👍

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Boat trip

Thanks for your recommendation about Captain Panikos boat trip. I'm trying to find out more information about the trip but struggling to find a website or TripAdvisor page. Do you happen to have anything else please? Thank you

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Boat trip

He has a Facebook page

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: Boat trip

Shirley Valentine every time! Small boat. Great Captain! 5 euro's. Can't go wrong!

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
85 posts
63 reviews
10. Re: Boat trip

You can buy your tickets for Capt Panikos on the jetty - around €7.50 for an adult. I think they do one sailing a day and most seem to leave at 11.00am and last between 2 and 3 hours. The Dolphin Safari boat and Aphrodite also go from the jetty and are perfect for families. They include a swimming stop at the Blue Lagoon. Great value for money in my opinion.

Reply to: Boat trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations