We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Protaras virgins

Glasgow, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Protaras virgins

First time Cyprus and protaras , where should we be going for night life , what should we be doing during the day and best for shopping

20 replies to this topic
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
47,865 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Protaras virgins

Thanks for asking.

What do you want to do during the day - if I was you I'd be sunbathing but I'm not you so I have no idea if sunbathing appeals to you.

The strip is one long street of bars, cafes, restaurants always providing you are going during the holiday season they will all be open

What sort of things do you want to buy ? - Protaras is a holiday resort with the normal shops you find in a holiday resort if you want a shopping mall then you'll have to go to Limassol

You're welcome

Chalfont St. Giles...
Level Contributor
80 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Protaras virgins

Hi - In addition to sunbathing and swimming you can do the following : boat trip, inflatables, parasailing, Ayia Napa water park, various cultural trips offered by tour reps or locally. There are many bars and restaurants along the strip to try although for clubs it is probably best to go to Ayia Napa. Hope this helps.

10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Protaras virgins

The water park in Ayia Napa is a good day out.

There is an area in Cavo Greco where you can go snorkelling off the rocks, the water is so clear is a great place to go swimming ( No beach though )

There is a Teriyaki restaurant in Eden Square which was the highlight of my holiday the food and show they put on was amazing ! Well worth a visit.

Fig Tree Bay is a lovely beach but gets very crowded but there are other quieter beaches if you head away from Protaras slightly

Enjoy your holiday when do you go 11 days & counting until we are there again !

Nelson, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Protaras virgins

I would be swimming in the sea during the day and chilling out! We used the beach area that is in front of the Sunrise Beach Hotel, its gorgeous, the sea is so clear, its like a swimming pool. Its not that deep either, we were swimming up to the marker buoys where the boats go.

We also did both of the RedBus tours, very hot though on top so if you do this, take loads of sunscreen and something to cover yourself with.

Edited: 16 July 2018, 14:05
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
27 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Protaras virgins

Surely you’ve done some homework on the resort before you booked up ????

All the above are great ideas as protaras has everything , and Aya napa is very close .

Can’t believe somebody would pay for a holiday then ask for things to do ??🙄

Glasgow, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Protaras virgins

Ashworth79 thanks for your sanctimonious answer but am too busy enjoying myself to spend any time “ doing my homework “ , it’s only a question answered by some genuinely sincere people who clearly want to help someone who hasn’t been to protaras

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
27 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Protaras virgins

Well the whole idea of using trip advisor is to get as much information about your holiday BEFORE you pay for it to avoid disappointment . Then your reviews can help others . Holidays aren’t cheap these days but info is free. Just pointing out the obvious .

sheffield england
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Protaras virgins

Hi, we are also first timers coming to Protaras in September for 2 weeks, will figtree beach be as busy as it is in July/August

Many thanks

Glasgow, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Protaras virgins

Ashworth79

That’s great advice , but is there any chance you could actually give any constructive reviews on anything to do with protaras

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Protaras virgins

wow...your 1 hell of a guy ashworth

Reply to: Protaras virgins
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted