We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Spending money

I’m going to Cyprus in 4 weeks time. What would people roughly take for spending money? There is 2 adults and 2 children (10 and 4) and we are half hoard. We will eat out probably 3 or 4 times at night while we are there and will do a water park trip and maybe one other day trip. My partner and eldest son will also like the water sports.

Thank You

6 replies to this topic
surrey
Level Contributor
340 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Spending money

Hi

Its a hard one as we all have different holidays but will tell you what we take.

We allow 130 euros a day and that is for me, husband and son who is 15.

We go to a villa but thats not including food for there, we do a breakfast shop when we arrive and out of the two weeks, eat out ten nights.

Some days spend more some less, depends what we are doing that day.

We will spend around £1800 for two week holiday, thats everything, food drinks, speedboat hire.

It can be as cheap or expensive as you want, your half board so wont spend nothing like that, but would allow 100 euros a day.

Hope that helps, five weeks today for us ☺

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Spending money

Approx €130-140 to get in the water park in A Napa,not including transfers or food/drink etc.

€100 for a meal for 2 Ad 2 Ch.

I would €100-150 a day,

You can always bring it home if you don’t spend it.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
49,078 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Spending money

We don't take anything with us - much safer to use an ATM card and get money when we need it than take all teh money you might need in one lump sum

Edited: 01 July 2018, 22:39
Penarth, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: Spending money

Hi,

How long are you going for? With the euro I find Cyprus to be pretty on par with what you'd spend in the UK on food and drink. Obviously you can eat out as lavishly or cheaply as you want , there's plenty of choice.

What hotel are you staying at? I tend to find that hotels that offer half board tend to be quite pricey on drinks. Id set a buget for at least 150 euros a day , with a bit extras if you like excursions and water sports.If you're going with TUI you can pre book your excursions online like the aqua park etc. At least then it wont eat into your spending money whilst there.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Spending money

Same as Latimer. We don't take anything with us and withdraw cash from a local ATM as and when we need it, just like we would in the UK.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Spending money

Hope this helps just got back from Protaras two weeks family of 4 two teenage sons 12+16.. wife and I got £2200 changed into I Euros also took bank cards.. we ate breakfast and tea every night boys had dinner aswell and had a good drink every night.. went to Ayia Napa water park and easily spent 150 Euros in taxis about resort as it was rather hot lol some nights few nights went to cheapish bars/restrauants and others little more better if u know what I mean and by last few days we were just spending it cos it was there.. brought loads souvieners back so if I was u not to worry if u think it's expensive we found it rather cheap most places tip I would say pay extra 50cent for Smirnoff,Gordon's etc in drinks n cocktails as house ones are awful lol you will have an awesome time lovely place we're booking again very shortly👍🏻

Reply to: Spending money
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations